Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can England finally knockout a BIG team on foreign soil?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No idea what the result will be. However I do know that during this competition England has overtaken France in the FIFA world rankings and are only Argentina left in the competition are ranked above England. So - objectively England have an excellent chance of winning the whole thing!

I would hazard a guess that if we win tonight, we'd also go above Belgium?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I find it interesting how quickly the narrative around Southgate has changed.

A month ago I was basically the only one arguing that he would absolutely land a PL job rather soon if he was sacked by England after the tournament.
But you know how fickle us English fans, especially us Brighton fans, are about managers!

First we hate them, then we love them
or sometimes
First we love them, then we hate them

da di da 😁

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
International management is a different beast compared to club management, especially the PL quite unfair to compare the two. It’s always the next game with the anti Southgate brigade. If Mbappe went off injured and England won it would be because Mbappe is injured, regardless of how well England played. The bloke can’t win, if he won the whole thing there would be criticism if any of the other teams along the way had injury problems or suspensions of their top players.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Probably not the best place to win a trophy anyway. Roll on Germany 2024, it will be much more fun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here