Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Brighton see off 2 managers in the next week?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Birmingham on Saturday and Ipswich next Tuesday, both managers under pressure. I wonder what the odds are for both to lose their jobs after visiting the Amex and going away with no points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who knows Gus could be under pressure as we slide to mid table oblivion.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Birmingham on Saturday and Ipswich next Tuesday, both managers under pressure. I wonder what the odds are for both to lose their jobs after visiting the Amex and going away with no points.

Didn't we have a few teams 2 seasons ago that sacked/employed new managers just before playing us?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The big worry is if either club sack their manager before we play them and a new man is in charge for our game as players tend to pick themselves up in that situation and play better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't we have a few teams 2 seasons ago that sacked/employed new managers just before playing us?

Yes - I remember Craig Brown biting the dust after we'd just beat Preston at Withdean. There was another around the same time, not sure who..

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The big worry is if either club sack their manager before we play them and a new man is in charge for our game as players tend to pick themselves up in that situation and play better.

I tend to agree with that but why should we bother creating a thread about this.

Let's be thankful that we have an amazingly settled situation here in BN1 !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jewell's sacking is inevitable, but I can't believe the papers are talking about 'Arry as replacement.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'm pretty sure we've cost a few Managers their jobs over the years. As mentioned, we got Craig Brown the tin tack after his teams woeful performance against us at Withdean.

Another one I think was the Manchester City Manager after we stuffed them in the Cup Final Year. I think it was John Bond?

I think there is more, but can't recall them?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Clark can't be sacked as they can't afford to pay him and his entourage off, wouldn't be surprised if Jewell got the boot though

This with bells on.

Can't believe anyone seriously thinks Clark is in imminent danger. He's only been in charge for 7 games, even in today's madcap world, that's only a short period. And, as Ernest rightly points out, Birmingham are skint.

The club is also currently looking for a buyer and no decent manager would want to go to a club where he could be out of the door within weeks as the new owners install their own man.

But I reckon Jewell is a dead man walking.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

I wouldn't be surprised if Jewell has been sacked by the time we play them.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

I thought there was a couple last season as well, when we were going on our good run, that lost their jobs after playing us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here