Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy mortgage broker in the Sussex area?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Uncle Speilberg, or Gareth if you prefer, sorted out my mortgage and life insurance. He makes the whole process easy and he knows his stuff. A definite reccomendation from me.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers all.

[MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] is ABSOLUTELY your man. I was naturally a bit dubious at first using someone that i have never met and only know from a football forum. It's not exactly dealing with a few quid but the biggest asset i have and tens of thousands of pounds HOWEVER i could not have been further from the truth.

I currently have a mortgage going through with US now and by a country mile got me the best rate out there for me. I had spoken to 3 other brokers before US and 1 offered me a rate that was 1.5% higher than the offer from US the other two couldn’t even offer me anything.

As well as his knowledge and the rate i got he is also very polite, friendly, great communication keeps you up to date with everything. I was actually going to start a [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] appreciation thread myself. I won’t be using any other broker in future :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks to my clients for the lovely comments and I did not have to pay them either ! Whoever the OP uses good luck and I am here if you need any help. This thread has cheered me up :smile:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Another vote for Gareth for me. He's honest too - because I was trying to get a mortgage when I was self-employed he told that a deal wasn't right for me and he lost the business. Not his fault and his honesty does him credit.

I'm no longer self-employed and when it's time to look for a new mortgage, I'll definitely go GG

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I went through a guy called Nick James at Albany Financial back in 2007 & he was pretty good (I was very happy with the deal he got me). nick@albanyfinancial.co.uk

I need to remortgage at the moment, so I'll be in touch with US / GG in the coming weeks given the strength of NSC's love for his services!

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Yep Danny or Sean at Hunter Hammond.

Or for a real Albion link, is Steve Piper still in the mortgage game. In fact from memory he might even have links to Danny and Sean??

I thought my old mate Simon worked there. Can't see him on their site. Anyone know of him

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went through a guy called Nick James at Albany Financial back in 2007 & he was pretty good (I was very happy with the deal he got me). nick@albanyfinancial.co.uk

I need to remortgage at the moment, so I'll be in touch with US / GG in the coming weeks given the strength of NSC's love for his services!

I would be happy to help. I normally charge a broker fee of £ 295 but do not and will never charge a fee for an NSC member.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Be careful with the term Whole of Market. It doesnt mean they can get a deal from the whole of the market. Just saying......

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How tough is it to get a BTL mortgage at present? If my wife and I wanted to raise £75k to get a 100k property, what would the chances be? Both working. What sort of terms could we get?

That's a doddle. 2 lenders will not require any personal income proof. Aldermore and The Mortgage Works. Most will want proveable personal income of £ 20-£ 25k pa. PM me for some rates.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Be careful with the term Whole of Market. It doesnt mean they can get a deal from the whole of the market. Just saying......

You are true and not. Some lenders are direct only. As such I can still do all the forms etc and do the work for the client. Direct only deals can be good but they cherry pick and are very strict. I have lost clients to direct deals but some have wasted a lot of time for something they could never get. The direct deals tend to be loss leaders and then wait for the hard sell on the insurances. Also they are non advised and as such have no redress. I can honestly say I have done the best for my clients for 20 odd years as I like to sleep at night. 5 years ago I could have made over £ 100k pa by stitching up clients with the lender that pays me the highest referral fee, procurement fee but that is not how I do business. As such my income has been very much depleted in recent years but I will always try and be upfront and honest with people. For example HSBC have a 5 year fixed rate at 2.99% but only to 60% ltv and I guess even then only 1 in 5 are accepted. I don't have a lot of time for the direct deal banks as their " advisors " are just order takers really, not qualified, passed no exams and just taking orders and flogging expensive insurances as that is what they are targetted on not the amount of mortgages they do. How many times have you gone into a bank to pay a cheque in and be subjected to an interogation by untrained staff saying " We can save you money " without having any qualifcations to do this and most times " cheaper " is usually not better but as I said I fear no competition and if someone gets a better deal themselves good luck to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here