Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone hear a Chinook flying over Brighton?

There used to be a regular flight over BH every Tues by one going to/from Crowborough Training Camp

Which would be on the flightpath to Southover Tunnel. When I get a moment I will put a Conspiracy Theory clip on YouTube.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I saw one flying around the Marina area last Friday, hope that helps.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I once got on the wrong Chinook at Camp Bastion in Helmand, ended up being with the bomb disposal team and landing in a rather hairy situation in the notorious 'Green Zone'. I was only trying to get back to my base after a meeting.

I can not confirm if it was the same Chinook.

I once got on the wrong Chinook at Camp Bastion in Helmand, ended up being with the bomb disposal team and landing in a rather hairy situation in the notorious 'Green Zone'. I was only trying to get back to my base after a meeting.

I can not confirm if it was the same Chinook.

:ohmy: Did you blame the stewards at the Bastion park and ride?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Major chinook activity over mid Sussex last Friday. Off to invade France?
They wouldn't need a Chinook, probably just send a Puma.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Might be related, but we have just had 2 very low flying RAF choppers over BN22 - either Merlin's or Puma's, were flying around for about 10 minutes - looks as if Eastbourne Hospital was visited by them too.

Perhaps the MOD are checking out helicopter landing sites at hospitals for emergencies.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Might be related, but we have just had 2 very low flying RAF choppers over BN22 - either Merlin's or Puma's, were flying around for about 10 minutes - looks as if Eastbourne Hospital was visited by them too.

Perhaps the MOD are checking out helicopter landing sites at hospitals for emergencies.

Merlins I believe, flew over SBS a few minutes ago.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Eastbourne ones today were as I thought - something to do with Eastbourne Hospital.

Must be some training going on involving the Navy in case of offshore rescue.......or impending invasion by Russia.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not only heard it but saw it as it flew over my house. Hailsham ..I've never seen my elderly cat run so fast...scared of a chopper ? big pussy...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here