Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone give me a good reason why we shouldn't sign this?- Katy Perry-Blasphemy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who's Katy Perry?
You know some girls in Austin Powers had machine gun jubblies - well Katy Perry's the girl with Firework firing jubblies. They're fantastic.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Explain? Are you suggesting that if you aren't religious then de facto you are a communist?
Marx writes that religion is the 'opium of the masses' thus pacifying them, stopping them from rising up. I think he was just trying to be clever...

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Who's Katy Perry?

Screen-shot-2010-12-31-at-7.47.41-AM.png

Without the make up

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Marx writes that religion is the 'opium of the masses' thus pacifying them, stopping them from rising up. I think he was just trying to be clever...

I think you can rewrite that to sport in this day and age, does the same job.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Explain? Are you suggesting that if you aren't religious then de facto you are a communist?

No. I'm saying that Communism proves that even without religion present there are more than enough ideologies still present to do damage.

Trying to enforce ones views onto others lifestyles isn't a religious thing. It's a people thing. The Greens are the new age version of this.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If a person is secure in their faith then why would they even care what a third party says about their god? If they are right then presumably their god will be dishing out eternal punishment to the miscreant in due course. I'm a non-believer but if I'm wrong I'm going to get my punishment come judgement day.

Blasphemy is just a law designed to embed religious privilege. Go secular.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

What he said in full was "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people" Which is a bit more meaningful than the truncated version.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. I'm saying that Communism proves that even without religion present there are more than enough ideologies still present to do damage.

Trying to enforce ones views onto others lifestyles isn't a religious thing. It's a people thing. The Greens are the new age version of this.

Well I didn't say there wouldn't be any conflict, just that a considerably chunk of it would be eliminated.

D

Deleted member 22389

These complaints always involve other people having to change, adapt or pay special attention to make sure it doesn't happen again. When you start going down this road then you have to start changing other things to suit a particular religion.

As another poster stated on here, these people really don't help themselves, and they don't. My opinion and which is probably echoed by other people, if you don't like it then basically live in another country that follows that particular religion to the book. You can't have it both ways, and you can't be expecting a whole country to start changing things to suit your own beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
anything blasphemous gets a thumbs up from me! religious people get so easily offended, and only because you're offended about something doesn't give you the right to demand change or action, just deal with it, if he thinks the video is blasphemous... don't watch the video!
also shirley its only blasphemous if the person who wrote or performed the video is of that religious...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here