Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to Number One

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
But they aren't downloading it to protest her policies, it's more a celebration. If it's protesting anything, it would be the sort of coverage that downplays how divisive she is, that many people aren't sad she is gone. That the money goes to a capitalist business is irrelevant for most.

Fair. I hadn't actually thought about it from the same angle.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I think you need to wind your neck in on this one. The teachers I know are busy spending their " Easter Holiday" preparing lessons for next term. During term time they're in school by 8, never leave before 5 and always take work home.
I recently accompanied my autistic son on a residential school trip. The "lazy" teachers spent five days looking after kids from 6 in the morning til midnight. For a few of those kids even in leafy Sussex, this was highlight of their childhood, they'd not get an opportunity like this from their home life. And we were at the centre with an inner city school and several others from the south east. All the schools relied on teachers giving up their time to be able top do this, teachers who went year after year, not just at my sons school but from all the schools there.
I know you're partly on a windup, but i also know part of you really believes this tripe. I think it's time you gave some real thought to how much we really owe to people in profession like teaching and leave the lazy trolling to a palace thread.

This.
A lot of the posts in these Thatcher threads are about where respect is due. Hard working, dedicated teachers and other public servants come near the top of the list in my view. (And no, I'm not one)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Communist/Marxist takeover of the West? Yes, and it has been happening for a very very long time.

That would be the West that, according to you, is run by the lizard people and the Illuminati...surely the commies should be welcomed with open arms?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That would be the West that, according to you, is run by the lizard people and the Illuminati...surely the commies should be welcomed with open arms?

Marginalize and mock me in order to dismiss what I say out of hand. The fact that we conduct intellectual discourse in this manner is actually a result of what I am talking about. Your approach to the question demonstrates my point perfectly.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
But they aren't downloading it to protest her policies, it's more a celebration. If it's protesting anything, it would be the sort of coverage that downplays how divisive she is, that many people aren't sad she is gone. That the money goes to a capitalist business shows what a complete bunch of clowns they are.

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Marginalize and mock me in order to dismiss what I say out of hand. The fact that we conduct intellectual discourse in this manner is actually a result of what I am talking about. Your approach to the question demonstrates my point perfectly.

I'm not dismissing what. You say. Out of hand. I am dismissing it after carefully examining the copious amounts of evidence of its irrelevance you have posted on here over time.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not dismissing what. You say. Out of hand. I am dismissing it after carefully examining the copious amounts of evidence of its irrelevance you have posted on here over time.

I'm getting the impression that you don't agree with what I said, but for the life of me I cannot find a cogent argument or valid point in your responses so far.

Help me out.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I'm getting the impression that you don't agree with what I said, but for the life of me I cannot find a cogent argument or valid point in your responses so far.

Help me out.

Touché mon Brave!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I downloaded Ding, Dong the Witch is Dead to help make the voices of those hurt by Thatcherism to be heard above all the sycophantic eulogising of Margaret Thatcher in the media at the moment.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'm guessing that school wasn't really your thing...

I take it you don't see how little after-school activity now takes place. When there is any after-school sport, it is always left to the same couple of decent ones amongst them. Do you have district school sports events down there at the weekend? How many teachers bother going? Up here it is a total disgrace.

The last one I went to, only ONE teacher turned up for my son's team. Others were supposed to be there but were no-shows. How do they keep their jobs? The one that did go was from my son's school, and is the same one who has to organise all the football matches, cricket matches, etc. The rest is down to parents helping out (and only after they get themselves a CRB). Teachers cannot even be arsed to go and watch. So yes, lazy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Your 'correction' seems to presuppose that anyone who dislikes Thatcher is wholly opposed to any form of private enterprise. Not necessarily true.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Then you must be a dick head for wasting that money.....

I'm not seeing things through rose-tinted spectacles and distorting history. Plus I don't see it as a waste of money because I've been meaning to get The Wizard of Oz for a while anyway.

P.S. Dick Head isn't my real name you know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I take it you don't see how little after-school activity now takes place. When there is any after-school sport, it is always left to the same couple of decent ones amongst them. Do you have district school sports events down there at the weekend? How many teachers bother going? Up here it is a total disgrace.

The last one I went to, only ONE teacher turned up for my son's team. Others were supposed to be there but were no-shows. How do they keep their jobs? The one that did go was from my son's school, and is the same one who has to organise all the football matches, cricket matches, etc. The rest is down to parents helping out (and only after they get themselves a CRB). Teachers cannot even be arsed to go and watch. So yes, lazy.

My kid is in year 1 at Infant's school. He has football club after school every Wednesday. It's run by AITC not the teachers, so you have to pay, but I'd much rather he was taught by a qualified coach than a young lady infant school teacher. What the teachers did help out with recently was the massive schools dance event at the Dome. Thanks to one of the teachers and the office manager he got to perform in front of a full Dome in excellent costumes that the teachers had made themselves. They also did the choreography. On the day they took 30 kids for a dress rehearsal in the morning then out for pizza for lunch. We then dropped them back to the teachers at 5.30. They helped them with the performance and with co-ordinating our tickets and were with the kids till we were reunited after the performance at 9.30pm.

At 6 he can read nearly a year ahead of target, can write brilliantly (in cursive script) and add up. All this in a tiny community Infants in the middle of a council estate and ALL due to the teachers at that school.

His teachers are an inspiration (and since they're all women there isn't a beard or cord jacket between them). You on the other hand are a small minded disgrace, a trolling Little Englander with the thought processes of a lobotomized super model.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes we have actually reverted back the 80s.

Presumably ITunes are now the "enemy within".

God forbid anyone has a different opinion. God forbid they are "not one of us".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here