Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to Number One

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He received a caution For accessing a site containing child abuse images true or not true ?he claimed it was for "research "

Not true. He didn't access the site.

he also wrote the lyrics to 5.15 , which contains the verse " girls of fifteen ,sexually knowing, the ushers are sniffing ,eau De cologning" , I've seen him interviewed about the meaning of those lyrics , he claims they are descriptive of a Beatles concert where a lot of fifteen year old girls wet themselves , and the subsequent smell of urine on th seats,

I saw the interview. Is that your best case for the prosecution? That he wrote about fifteen year old girls screaming and wetting themselves?

Does that mean that anyone who writes about murders is a murderer, or Iron Maiden indulge in ritual sacrifices...?

sorry but he's a wrongun.

Yes, you've made that quite plain in your mind.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Then why make a crass, sly, innuendo about a former, recently deceased old lady being linked to paedophilia?

I didn't.

My point - which some have decided to misinterpret - was my belief (not knowledge) that her security services let her down by allowing someone with his behaviour get that close to her.

I don't suspect her of being involved at all; that's ludicrous - and I haven't said that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Low paid service sector? You know the service sector includes financial services, designers, architects and other high end jobs.

Or as I suspect you don't have a clue what you are talking about

Of course I know this. But the UK economy has a heap of low paid positions as well. As a proportion of the economy it way too high.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In the words of Doris Day:

"you shouldn't speak Ill of the dead...well, she's dead"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And after 4 years of Thatcher's conviction politics, and a nation divided, even then, over whether she was doing good or ill, still voted her in twice more. Because, on balance, the nation thought she was doing good. She had brought the nation out of the doldrums.

She let people buy council houses at a knock down price and they were so grateful they stuck a brass door knocker on the front and thought they were Tories and ticked her box.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Of course I know this. But the UK economy has a heap of low paid positions as well. As a proportion of the economy it way too high.

Every economy has to have low paid positions and if we want to get back into manufacturing then were going to have to drop the pay rates a lot more if we're going to be competitive.

The service sector is the knowledge based part of the economy, are easily exportable and are where our competitive advantage is.

There are problems though. Sectors like tourism and hospitality don't get quality graduates wanting to work in it and so their productivity is lower. That needs fixing.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I didn't.

My point - which some have decided to misinterpret - was my belief (not knowledge) that her security services let her down by allowing someone with his behaviour get that close to her.

I don't suspect her of being involved at all; that's ludicrous - and I haven't said that.

A much closer to home (than Saville) link to child abuse can be found in Peter Morrison
Peter Morrison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
By all accounts an odious man who was one of Thatcher's closest aides for many years
Of course she would have had not the slightest suspicion

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Well, not really: the original referred to Hitler: Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer
and is translated as: "one people, one empire, one leader".

This poster is making a clear, if simplistic, analogy between Thatcher and Hitler (even if they got the Volk and Reich bit the wrong way round).

Which one suspects you predictably would subscribe to that being the case. I've read some tired old shit on this site many times but your posts through this thread are up there in my opinion.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I didn't.

But would you conceed to the point that as always you position yourself as the wise old sage who attempts pompously to dismiss the opinions of many on here and suggest that you have the intelligence that so many of us lack which empowers you to speak with some strange sense of authority?

When in fact you are simply stating your opinion which has no inside track at all and is, like everything on here, largely an opinion. And yours is often as irrelevant as anyone elses

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Which one suspects you predictably would subscribe to that being the case. I've read some tired old shit on this site many times but your posts through this thread are up there in my opinion.

Sorry to disappoint you.
No I wouldn't subscribe to that view at all. There is no comparison between Hitler and Thatcher and it would be childish to suggest one. I was just (pedantically, I admit) correcting the German translation and the interpretation of the childish banner in the photo.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But would you conceed to the point that as always you position yourself as the wise old sage who attempts pompously to dismiss the opinions of many on here and suggest that you have the intelligence that so many of us lack which empowers you to speak with some strange sense of authority?

When in fact you are simply stating your opinion which has no inside track at all and is, like everything on here, largely an opinion. And yours is often as irrelevant as anyone elses

Your post there proves your own point as a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

It is a bit embarrassing that the BBC radio stations are pushing for this song to get to number 1, Their not so subtle reporting on this story is very sad. This is why 16 year olds should never get the vote. I fear for the future of this country as some of these kids on the news have not got a bloody clue!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here