Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to Number One

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
People really are reveling in her death aren't they. Sad *******s.

Been a brilliant couple of days.

As good as we could of dreamed I would say.

The reaction on here goes against most previous discussions on the subject which is fantastic

She really was hated.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

The reaction on here goes against most previous discussions on the subject which is fantastic

She really was hated.

Ha ha, really? How good do you feel?

Buckley late winner happy?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

She really was hated.

Like you I find it quite refreshing (and surprising) how many people on here seem to feel like I do about MT

Who's for a "if you hated Thatcher, stand up" chant at the next home match?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You really honestly believe that? You think the security services would let anyone near her without checking him out first - especially with the rumours? Blimey.

So presumably following that logic - the security services informed Thatcher of the rumours and in full knowledge of his paedophilia she partied with him every year? Presumably Princess Di and Prince Charles, who had Savile on speed-dial and both (bizarrely) sought marriage advice from him were also complicit in child abuse?

Have a word with yourself, FFS. Whatever you think of the woman that's just about the slimiest, most pathetic comment I've heard yet.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Same feeling as when Lopez 2nd crashed off the underside of the bar and we had daylight between us and the scum

Interesting. I can't say that any person's death has ever had that kind of effect on me, even from figures that I have truly despised having done really evil things, so not something I can relate to.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Says the man who has shown support on here for the nonce Pete Townsend.

If you know or suspect and choose to ignore (or disagree) that is different from claiming never knowing or never suspecting. It is not credible that the offices of the prime minister were not aware of the darker side of Saville, even if not the extent. Where it went from there we do not know. Anyway it is a (albeit interesting) sideshow.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Fantastic thread.
Purchased and shared.... Growing up in Thatchers Britain was so depressing, and really enjoyed the last few days of actually hearing the truth about how so many of us suffered. Also hearing of her racist remarks in the past on 5 live this Morning, the truth is finally coming out. Also why are we paying out 10 million on a state funeral when there are so many sick kids who cannot have operations because the NHS will not fund. Very sad for those families to see that money go to waste.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you know or suspect and choose to ignore (or disagree) that is different from claiming never knowing or never suspecting. It is not credible that the offices of the prime minister were not aware of the darker side of Saville, even if not the extent. Where it went from there we do not know. Anyway it is a (albeit interesting) sideshow.

Yet another one incriminating with snide comments. So the British Security Services helped cover up child abuse? Utter, utter nonsense.

This whole debate has certainly been dragged to the gutter now. Well done to all concerned.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
John Byrnes Mullet;5630472 Also why are we paying out 10 million on a state funeral when there are so many sick kids who cannot have operations because the NHS will not fund. Very sad for those families to see that money go to waste.[/QUOTE said:
I suspect the 2.7 billion wasted on the failed NHS IT system had more of an effect.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And after 4 years of Thatcher's conviction politics, and a nation divided, even then, over whether she was doing good or ill, still voted her in twice more. Because, on balance, the nation thought she was doing good. She had brought the nation out of the doldrums.

The 1983 General Election result was more of an indication of how split the opposition was and the distorting effects of the First Past The Post system than a ringing endorsement of Thatcherite domestic policies. Add the Falklands effect and - bingo - a massive majority. But don't confuse that with agreement with her governance of the UK.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
what no mention of the disatrous 1970's, winter of discontent, Labour leaving the country bankrupt part 1. 97p tax rate and a country on its knees.

Thatcher made hard choices and many mistakes for sure, but compared to what life was like in the 1970's for everyone after the catastrophic Labour government and untold strikes left us potless and in terminal decline, she should also be applauded for putting the country as a whole on a path to modernisation and prosperity, not caving into Argentinian Intimidation, and playing a large part in the peaceful end of the Soviet Union.

Yesterday a frail old lady, a mother and grandmother died, it is in very bad taste whatever side of the political devide you sit. Gordon Brown was a useless buffoon who destroyed our economy but I would not consider something so distatsteful if God forbid be passed away.

Couldn't have put it better.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

She really was hated.

Here's the thing.

You live (and presumably have lived for some time) in a country in which a majority of the population re-elected her TWICE.

If I ever hate someone enough to rejoice at their death (which would take a lot!) I would probably hold that person's supporters in equal regard. Your friends and family were the ones truly responsible, because they voted for her. If she was such an evil piece of work, the whole country should be locked up for voting for her.

But she wasn't. Some things she did were awful yes. Some were good. Add up the good and the bad and somewhere in between "the witch is dead" and "she saved the UK" is the truth. It's just so frustrating to read such one-sided horse shit from people who have picked their team, stuck on their blinkers and gone with it.

Hooray she's dead. There is NOT ONE reason she deserves credit. EVERYTHING she did is evil and she deserves to die.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Here's the thing.

You live (and presumably have lived for some time) in a country in which a majority of the population re-elected her TWICE.

/QUOTE]

I think you'll find that around 60per cent (give or take the odd percentage point) of the electorate rejected her twice.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yet another one incriminating with snide comments. So the British Security Services helped cover up child abuse? Utter, utter nonsense.

This whole debate has certainly been dragged to the gutter now. Well done to all concerned.

It is an interesting sideshow that is all. Nothing snide about my postings and I was not saying that the Security Services helped cover up child abuse. All I would say is that it is one of the jobs of those in the prime ministers office to protect her reputation and that of her office. They clearly failed, because I would expect them to know rumours about people in contact with the prime minister.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Here's the thing.

If I ever hate someone enough to rejoice at their death (which would take a lot!) I would probably hold that person's supporters in equal regard. Your friends and family were the ones truly responsible, because they voted for her. If she was such an evil piece of work, the whole country should be locked up for voting for her.

But she wasn't. Some things she did were awful yes. Some were good. Add up the good and the bad and somewhere in between "the witch is dead" and "she saved the UK" is the truth. It's just so frustrating to read such one-sided horse shit from people who have picked their team, stuck on their blinkers and gone with it.

Hooray she's dead. There is NOT ONE reason she deserves credit. EVERYTHING she did is evil and she deserves to die.

I'm sure Hitler did a few good things as well but you remember the major crimes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here