Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to Number One

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
what winds me up is that most people 'celebrating' her death are under 30 and are just jumping on a bandwagon. She dragged the country into the modern era but people trot out the same couple of arguments, "created lots of unemployment", "closed the mines". Question them further than that and they haven't a ****ing clue what they're talking about.

correct

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NO! All you are doing is keeping Thatchers name at the top of the headlines. Best way is to absolutely ignore her.... Ive been doing it for 24 years.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
NO! All you are doing is keeping Thatchers name at the top of the headlines. Best way is to absolutely ignore her.... Ive been doing it for 24 years.

Another of those delicious ironies.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Another one who can't read. My post address under thirties, your FIRST FOUR WORDS says you're in your forties, so why would I be talking about you?

Another one who can't think. Your post implied that the majority of celebrants were just bandwagoners under 30 with no direct experience of Thatchers divisive greed driven policies and that they are, basically, wrong to celebrate because you say so. Clearly you're wrong on both counts.

Most people under 30 who despise Thatcher are presumably the children or younger siblings of people who DID suffer because of her or who are students of Politics and understand how she set the ball rolling towards the mess were in now?

They could be ignorant dicks as well of course...but then again, so could you.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I lived in Brighton in the Thatcher era. I have never been out of work.i. The mid 90s I moved to Liverpool and have lived here ever since.

1. She did reform the country, but her market reforms brought the risks we have seen in recent years. We were lucky there was t a bigger crash in the early 90s straight after her period in office. So she was good in many ways but was too much of an idealist.

2. She presided over a government that prided itself on not caring what happened to people. That wasn't just her - some of her ministers were worse. (It turned out recently that Geoffrey Howe suggested the government abandon Liverpool completely!) Margaret Thatcher was rightly blamed in Liverpool because she did nothing at all for the city. Only Michael Hesseltine stepped in to help and he is widely respected here regardless of party politics.

3. You can't abandon part of society and speak in the way she used to without alienating many people. She split society down the middle and we can see that division since her death.

4. The poll tax was immoral and a disaster for her.)

(5. Tim Berners-Lee invented the Internet, not Margaret Thatcher - and it was done at Cern in Switzerland!

I have learnt that people in Liverpool have a great deal to offer our country. They like other working class towns were ignored and despised by her government. Despite this they have great spirit, imagination and a brilliant sense of humour. However this is not just about Liverpool. She split every town in the country. Buy the song- maybe not, but she can never be considered a great or popular Prime Minister.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
She can never be considered a great or popular Prime Minister.

Yeah. Apart from the actual facts of course, which prove her to be the joint most popular Prime Minister ever.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah. Apart from the actual facts of course, which prove her to be the joint most popular Prime Minister ever.

Would she also be considered the most unpopular as well?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Just corrected that for you........The ones who wanted to carry on mining after reaching all their productivity targets and to keep their communities alive or the scabs .

The problem was, they couldn't reach their productivity targets. The mines were losing money. The State was subsidising them.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What winds me up is that most people 'celebrating' her death are under 30 and are just jumping on a bandwagon. She dragged the country into the modern era but people trot out the same couple of arguments, "created lots of unemployment", "closed the mines". Question them further than that and they haven't a ****ing clue what they're talking about.

Well, this is the BBC for you. That institution has been spouting anti-Thatcher Left-wing propaganda for 30 years. And it has been spouting pro-Left propaganda which the gullible youth actually believe.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's nothing to do with being Tory. It's to do with being respectful of someone who has just died.

She wasnt respectful to those that lived let alone those that died as a result of her policies

Keep purchasing !

Ding dong the witch is dead.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
It was mad. I left Merseyside in 1986 and moved back to Sussex. The South was filthy with money, I was a plasterers mate earning £200 a day! Up north though it had turned into a horrific nightmare for millions.

If you were in the southern building trade, estate agency, or involved in stocks and shares you got wealthy very fast...the working classes up north who were bred to work in heavy industry suddenly found themselves on the scrap heap, under skilled and very very angry. You have to see why she is so hated by those she chose to ignore in the " no such thing as society" rush.

She was an ideologue and a very strong leader but she was quite prepared to destroy the fabric of the working class to reform Britain. The pain was immense. It has led us directly to where we are now in a total greed driven economic nightmare.

I used to think that she had destroyed industry. But looking back, it was the Unions who destroyed British industry with their over-inflated demands.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Yeah. Thank god the bitch is dead. I would much prefer it working a three day week with power cuts every day and when i could just dump rubbish in the street rather than having the inconvenience of binmen clearing it away.
I would much prefer an economy based on coal mining and shipbuilding so we could compete with those high wage economies like china.
I would much prefer to be governed by union leaders with their workers interests at heart (check out last years court case involving scargill and his million pound flat - or the current union leaders who get paid more than the prime minister) so we could all walk out on strikes for weeks on end for any spurious reason.
I would much prefer to live in the 1970s equivalent of modern day greece with 25% inflation (just think of all those index linked pay rises we would get) and going to the imf for bail out loans.
Get real. The country when she came into power was falling apart and she turned it around. Sure she didnt do it perfectly - who does. But you didnt see blair or brown changing her union laws and even god help us should ed milliband (who came to lead the labour party thanks to the unions) become pm do you think he will reintroduce flying pickets and striking without ballots?

Those who think the country would be in a better place without having had her as prime minister are flat out delusional.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, this is the BBC for you. That institution has been spouting anti-Thatcher Left-wing propaganda for 30 years. And it has been spouting pro-Left propaganda which the gullible youth actually believe.

You know that you don't have to hit the post button after every thought you have ? You can join a few together into a meaningful response

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here