Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to Number One

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
How many downloads would it take to get this to number one? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? All that money going to some people who are already rich, just for some small joke? Hilarious.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Isn't that why political parties publish policies and manifestos? So the electorate can see the convictions of those who would be their political leaders and representatives. Personally, I don't expect my MP to listen to and act on the views of our constituency because most of the electorate are not informed enough to know what's good for them.

The policies and manifesto of a party only tell part of the story. An MP that doesn't listen to their party risks losing the whip or chance of promotion. However, an MP that doesn't listen to their own conviction risks becoming a party automaton (which, conversely, may jeopardise promotion), and an MP that doesn't listen to constituents risks being voted out by those constituents.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The policies and manifesto of a party only tell part of the story. An MP that doesn't listen to their party risks losing the whip or chance of promotion. However, an MP that doesn't listen to their own conviction risks becoming a party automaton (which, conversely, may jeopardise promotion), and an MP that doesn't listen to constituents risks being voted out by those constituents.

I take your point, but personally I would always go for an MP who follows their beliefs and convictions rather than one who does anything possible to stay in power.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
1p of my tax is too much toward that evil cows funeral. The fact the government are going to pay over £8m on her makes me sick. Particuarly in todays climate.

Ironic that most of the £8 million will probably be spent on security, keeping your fellow haters from wrecking the funeral.

Dec 29, 2011
To be fair, your original comment suggested that most people who were celebrating Thatcher's death were under 30 (and didn't have memory of living under her reign in office), so for someone to reply by saying were old enough to experience Thatcher's government and were celebrating her demise yesterday is a fitting response.
Well, yes, I did notice that after I wrote it, but to be fair I'm very much under 30 so most of the people I've seen celebrating are under 30 (as that's who I associate with). The people I've heard making cases for her being a positive force have ALL been over 30, obviously a small sample size, but who am I to pass up a good opportunity to be condescending! :thumbsup:
The good thing about her passing is that it has made people question and talk about politics, this has to be good for any health society.

True, true, didn't think of that. People on twitter asking who she was made me despair though :facepalm: But I guess you have a point.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I take your point, but personally I would always go for an MP who follows their beliefs and convictions rather than one who does anything possible to stay in power.

Were he alive today, you would have found an ally in the famous political theorist and politician Edmund Burke.
Bristol and Burke

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
What winds me up is that most people 'celebrating' her death are under 30 and are just jumping on a bandwagon. She dragged the country into the modern era but people trot out the same couple of arguments, "created lots of unemployment", "closed the mines". Question them further than that and they haven't a ****ing clue what they're talking about.

3tt9tc.jpg

Attachments

• qm.gif
    qm.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 283

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Well this already wins the prize for most pathetic, childish thead in years.

Agreed, i think its absolutely ridiculous. An old woman died of a stroke, long after she was a politician, did some good things, some bad. Just lets all be sheep and say what we think is well cool and likely to be accepted by the general population. Yeah well good, right on, ****ing dickhead OP

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Well this already wins the prize for most pathetic, childish thead in years.

Agreed, i think its absolutely ridiculous. An old woman died of a stroke, long after she was a politician, did some good things, some bad. Just lets all be sheep and say what we think is well cool and likely to be accepted by the general population. Yeah well good, right on, ****ing dickhead OP

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I'm getting bloody sick of the idea that Thatcher somehow invented the concept of economic greed. It's one of the most basic human characteristics that exists. It's basically the American dream, for goodness sake. As for schmarming up to the City, she blew it wide open and removed a lot of the stuffy 'old boys club' attitude, which allowed a lot of people to get jobs there who traditionally wouldn't have had a hope in hell of doing so. I wouldn't call playing a pivotal role in ending the Cold War to be warmongering either.

So called "thatcherite" policies and ideas started long before she was prime minister anyway. They developed throughout the seventies. Everyone should read Dominic Sandbrooks "state of emergency. The way we were: Britain 1970-74. Good chapter on such things.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Hopefully everyone on here that thinks its clever and funny to buy it will let us know when an elderly member of their family dies so we can all have a bit of a laugh at it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is a total lack of respect for an old frail woman dying a legacy of the Thatcher years as well?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is a total lack of respect for an old frail woman dying a legacy of the Thatcher years as well?

Yes. Would never have happened under Ted Heath.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Are you aware that she specifically asked that the expense for her own funeral should be kept to a minimum? In fact are you aware of anything?

What she asked for and what is going to happen are two completely different things though. She is going to get a ten million pound Di style send odd. Disgracefull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here