Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign for "Sussex By The Sea" - PETITION

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What is the PC response to Noel Drumbell...?! The most noticeable thing is that NOBODY KNOWS THE WORDS...!!!

I personally can't watch that for cringing... couldn't be more different to what we need at The Amex... uplifting, up-tempo, brief, loud, proud, etc :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
ps

477 signed up now

23 to go and that will be enough to close it

LAST 23 SIGN UP HERE

500 signatories in a week (without even going to a match) is excellent for something like this and more than enough to back up the suggestion to the club.

Be one of the last 23 (or if you're already on go and add a family member or friend)...

Beachbum71

Beachbum71
Apr 15, 2011
Shoreham beach
ps

477 signed up now

23 to go and that will be enough to close it

LAST 23 SIGN UP HERE

500 signatories in a week (without even going to a match) is excellent for something like this and more than enough to back up the suggestion to the club.

Be one of the last 23 (or if you're already on go and add a family member or friend)...

Must get this going....................it's a great idea.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
What is the PC response to Noel Drumbell...?! The most noticeable thing is that NOBODY KNOWS THE WORDS...!!!

I personally can't watch that for cringing... couldn't be more different to what we need at The Amex... uplifting, up-tempo, brief, loud, proud, etc :)

It's an old bloke, in a pub, singing it on his own.

Of course it's the total opposite to a 20,000 crowd singing!

PC response?

It's an old bloke singing!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's an old bloke, in a pub, singing it on his own.

Of course it's the total opposite to a 20,000 crowd singing!
agreed...

The petition phase is pretty much done now - hopefully [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] will come up with something tonight and then we'll see where we go from there...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Did it and DONE !!
Nice one... well we made it to 500 inside a week...

It will stay open but my guess is the rate of new signatories will slow to a trickle now unless there is a fresh marketing effort (which there won't be from me acting alone). I'm very, very happy for anyone else to get involved - just PM me (I've already had several very helpful messages from people keen to help and with experience of dealing with the club).

I can't believe there is a SINGLE Brighton fan who wouldn't be pleased to have these words/pictures up on the screens pre kick-off... and I also can't understand what objection the club would have to the suggestion now being made???

I know that previously they have rejected ideas about having groups of singers and more verses of SBTS being sung - and that there is a general view that The Fanzone style is the way they want to go - but all we are saying now is keep everything the same (apart from reintroducing the "We're the men from Sussex" bit of the band music that they recently removed...!) and just put something on the screens so people can join in with it properly and add to the pre-match atmosphere that is already happening...what is there not to like?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The clouds in that clip will be distracting. The background image(s) need to be subtle

I appreciate your feedback - but that clip is just a first thought, it wouldn't look exactly like that.

I'm wary of doing anything to image heavy at this stage as while I could probably get away with it online, if the club want to use it copyright becomes an issue. I'm very busy with some editing projects at the moment but will try and get something basic put together soon.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Done. I await the results with great interest..punk:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
good luck moshe...let us know what happens ... i look forward to seeing the result when i am over in december at the burnley game

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
512 signed up now in one week ...keep it going ... just in case moshe gets the thumbs down!!
cheers Loco! Not sure how long it will be before we have the prototype A-V presentation so, yes, might as well keep the petition number ticking up in the meanwhile...

LINK TO PETITION

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
BUMP

Good work chaps cannot wait to see what the club say.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
BUMP

Good work chaps cannot wait to see what the club say.

The prototype A-V presentation is being worked on at the moment. [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] is doing some fantastic and technically difficult work to make sure that it is suitable for the big screens and that there is no fudge factor.

Large images of the Royal Sussex Regiment (ideally marching), Sussex scenes and landmarks, and of great Albion moments are required... there are people working on this but all help gratefully received - please post any ideas and links on here...

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Signed the petition. Didnt donate though so hope it still registered.
yes, all good - no need to donate to e-petitions website (I've given them $5 towards their costs!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here