Campaign for "Sussex By The Sea" - PETITION

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I ca'nt that is the limit of my movie making skills, [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] may be able to help.

cheers Drumstick... I'll ask [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] - it would be nice to have a prototype up and running so that everyone can see it and start the fine tuning... as Lord B said at the outset, there can be no FUDGE in this...

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
"All we need is a suitable audio-visual presentation to be put up on the big screens" ....
not asking for much!
join the petition please

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
392 and counting... good work everyone... hopefully we can reach the 500 target in the next few days.

403 now... so getting there...

A few more tonight (have you added all supportive family and friend names yet?) and then the day shift tomorrow should get it there.

[MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] has agreed to have a go at putting the prototype slide/movie/words show together and then we'll be ready to approach the club.

What do people think about the best images to use? Stills or videos or a mix of the two?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Let's try and get this to 500 before Monday is over.

At the moment, when the players walk out all the atmosphere that has been built up is lost.

This has got to be worth a try........

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
OK guys ([MENTION=3552]Moshe Gariani[/MENTION] [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION]) I'm getting a feel for this. IF it's going on the big screen we may have an issue of copyright etc to sort out in regards to what photos/footage we can use - so that's something I may need to think about that.

To keep the words big enough to read I think it'll have to come up line by line max.. so I'll have a play and see how it looks.

To start with, the background image could be something like this? With the lyrics coming up in time with the music? Just a starting point..

[yt]otEApx-K5EQ[/yt]

I'll try and get something basic done after work tomorrow and see where we are and how it looks.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just a quick nudge why not ask your other half to sign it

mine has

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
OK guys ([MENTION=3552]Moshe Gariani[/MENTION] [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION]) I'm getting a feel for this. IF it's going on the big screen we may have an issue of copyright etc to sort out in regards to what photos/footage we can use - so that's something I may need to think about that.

To keep the words big enough to read I think it'll have to come up line by line max.. so I'll have a play and see how it looks.

To start with, the background image could be something like this? With the lyrics coming up in time with the music? Just a starting point..

[yt]otEApx-K5EQ[/yt]

I'll try and get something basic done after work tomorrow and see where we are and how it looks.
Briiliant start. That is exactly the sort of wonderful image that would look so good on the screens with, as you say, a line of the words coming up at the bottom of the screen (possibly white letters on a monochrome bar to aid legibility?) in time with the music...

I know it increases the workload but the original idea, which I still favour, is to have a succession of images coming up... possibly changing with each line or maybe every other line, or every few lines... e.g. I'm very keen on having some men of the Royal Sussex Regiment marching as the first or second image.. images of the sea, beach, downs, Brighton & Hove, etc to follow...? I agree with you about copyright issues and whatever we produce as a prototype will certainly have to be processed and adapted by the club..

If we can reach the 500 today and [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] makes further progress then we'll be marching on with this quite soon!

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
How about a float with this merry lot on the back, driven out onto the pitch (by Richie Reynolds) just prior to kick off.
Surely it'll get the place rocking...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How about a float with this merry lot on the back, driven out onto the pitch (by Richie Reynolds) just prior to kick off.
Surely it'll get the place rocking...
haha... nice one - that is actually my video that I took at Alfriston two years ago...!!!

If you are being seriously cynical then you've completely missed the point and I suspect you're better off thinking about who will be the X-Factor...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lol, no, no, no, Just my warped mind having fun.. :)
:lolol: it's a thought... quite a game looking old bird - I'm sure she'd be up for it...!

Seriously, I'm surprised there hasn't been any cynicism on this thread (not an entirely good thing - I'm sure Oscar Wilde must have said something about the perils of being ignored...).

The obviously important thing is to keep connected with the strongness of SBTS as a marching song, almost battle cry, and to be proud of its historic roots and meaning.

I like Hey Jude, Bananarama and Vindaloo as much as the next man but the gloss can wear off those in a way that will never happen to SBTS...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports