Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign for "Sussex By The Sea" - PETITION

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes... if the music is LOUD enough!
but if the music is TOO loud then we won't hear the singing...? and what about when we want to cut the music and go Alcappello...?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
nice one... 32 signatories in first few minutes (and only a couple of those are my contacts...)

Can people post back in here to say "DONE" and to bounce the thread until one of the mods can make this a sticky please for a while...?

Done. Up to 236 now but Mods obviously not interested as slipped off 1st page of Threads.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
there ye go, back at top of page

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Done. Up to 236 now but Mods obviously not interested as slipped off 1st page of Threads.

Personally, I am not convinced of the value of stickies... I tend not to notice them or notice when they get updated... but happy to make it sticky for a bit if you think that would help??

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Personally, I am not convinced of the value of stickies... I tend not to notice them or notice when they get updated... but happy to make it sticky for a bit if you think that would help??
I think I prefer not... 200+ signatories should be able to keep it on the front page via updates, gratuitous bounces and comments... if we can get to 500 quickly then we can go ahead with approaching the club...

anybody with any audiovisual techie knowledge able to comment on the logistics? is it simply Powerpoint that would do the job or something more clever?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

can see your point on stickies but the last post before mine was 15-00, by the time I'd read through the thread & gone back to The Big Board it had disappeared so when I tried to find it again had to use my ’back’ buttons. A stickie might just keep it to the fore, even if only for a few days.

aldabrit

Nov 11, 2011
I've signed the petition. Would suggest a competition to compose new lyrics for SBTS. I've been an Albion fan since 1963, and remember the original well ( can still recall the words without prompting).....Written, of course by our own Sir Norman Wisdom. It's very 60's and out of date is being nice. Needs a 21st Century Falmer version.

Watched the opening game intro online and was embarrassed and sad to hear all the people humming along for most of it, then suddenly "Cos we're going up and we'll win the cup for Sussex by the Sea"! Come on people get creative!!

aldabrit

Nov 11, 2011
I was there that day...didn't miss a home game in that incredible 1964/65 season...average crowd over 17,000 in the Fourth Division....unbelievable!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i agree that it shouldnt be too loud so we can all sing nice and loud though and it should be played !!!

at
Petition for Singing SBTS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Done

Think the club are missing a trick here. It should be marketed as the club of Sussex rather than Brighton and SBTS reinforces that...

And no that lot from Creepy do not count!
Absolutely THIS. Sussex By The Sea should be synonymous (not exactly sure what that means but sounds good!) with BHAFC... there is also a massive gain to be had from the whole "Stand or Fall" thing - being able to link the club to the bravery of the soldiers and the pride of a united county would be very strong in terms of brand and identity...

for me it is the definitive "no-brainer" but sometimes that just makes you a bit of a loon rather than right...!

up to around 280 now... slow progress for the last 50 or so... if we are to reach the goal of 500 by tomorrow night so that this can be moved forward with the club then it needs everyone who sees this to sign themselves and add a few names of people they know to be supportive... it would be incredibly easy to have 10 people stand outside the ground with clipboards at the next home game and get 100s if not 1000s more signatures but I don't think that is actually necessary - would be great to just get this done and dusted so please`do what you can to bump the number up today and tomorrow...

LINK TO PETITION

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My mum, GF and I have all signed it along with the NSK forum, Has a mind of its own! ;)

Oh and here is the lyrics after discussion we concluded to in the end on my thread.

Bounce

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My mum, GF and I have all signed it along with the NSK forum, Has a mind of its own! ;)

Oh and here is the lyrics after discussion we concluded to in the end on my thread.

Bounce
Drumstick - that is absolutely fantastic...! That music is perfect to fit the words... surely it would take very little to polish that up into a professional presentation suitable for the big screens...? Just need a number of suitable images, scrolling through with each line or two of text clear to see at at the bottom of the screen, and in time with the music...

Brilliant work. Is there any chance you could have a go at producing an example of something that will scroll through several pages and keep the words in time with the music...?

We can share ideas on here but I reckon you'd start off with some pictures of the WWI soldiers of the Royal Sussex Regiment at least for the first line or two, and then into images of Sussex and the Albion...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I ca'nt that is the limit of my movie making skills, [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] may be able to help.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
have asked a few friends who love all things Sussex to sign
hope by the time i come over for the burnley game its fixed!

Petition Campaign for

Nice one Loco... I think having it in place for the Burnley game might be a realistic goal but it could take a bit longer - the club have an awful lot on their plate so it is understandable if this takes a bit of time to sort out.

But let's get to 500 asap so we can move forward.

:albion2::amex::albion2:

Can everyone who has already signed go back and add two more names right now...? They just have to be people who you can ask and will be happy for their name to be added - eg children, partners, housemates, etc... if everyone can do that one more bit of help then the 500 target will be reached quite soon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here