Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign for "Sussex By The Sea" - PETITION

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sorted. :thumbsup:

ps Maybe we can also get a petition going to rid the stadium of that abysmal pre-match medley-thing that assaults our ear drums just before KO? The full version of GOSBTS would do very nicely (although I might be missing the obvious here)...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sorted. :thumbsup:

ps Maybe we can also get a petition going to rid the stadium of that abysmal pre-match medley-thing that assaults our ear drums just before KO? The full version of GOSBTS would do very nicely (although I might be missing the obvious here)...

Yes yes and YES. Doing my head in.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've signed - would love to know what a camapign is btw.

SIGNED but personally would like to see the alternate 'going up to win the cup' banned except for cup games.

I have suggested before that the club should adopt a version that reflects the Albion, similar to what SCCC did with SBTS in the past.

I am surprised that Norman 'Fat Boy' Cook hasn't done a colaboration with Rizzle Kicks and released a raving version for the charts! Pull yer finger out Quentin!

Now is the time for marching,
Lest we should fall today,
Victory to the Albion,
Past those in our way,
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take your time from me,
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
And we stand tight for blue and white,
And useful men are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Good old Sussex by the Sea,
Good old Sussex by the Sea,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the sea.

Far o'er the seas we wander
Wide through the world we roam,
Far from the kind hearts yonder
Far from our dear old home,
But never shall we forget my boys
And true we'll ever be
To the land so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Good old Sussex by the Sea,
Good old Sussex by the Sea,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the sea.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Perhaps this could be merged with my thread? And well done to those who joined in with me and the others on Sunday, Last night I watched the full match on Barnsley Player and heard the full version at the correct speed being sung. Made my day.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SIGNED but personally would like to see the alternate 'going up to win the cup' banned except for cup games.
Fortunately if you look at the lyrics you'll see the 'correct' footballing version as been restored. No excuse now for people to sing 'to win the cup'.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perhaps this could be merged with my thread? And well done to those who joined in with me and the others on Sunday, Last night I watched the full match on Barnsley Player and heard the full version at the correct speed being sung. Made my day.
Excellent work Drumstick. Seems we might be reaching the culmination of a lot of people's thoughts and efforts and a collective will to make this happen.

After a few weeks of the big pre kick-off singing it will be much easier to get it going organically during games at home and away - which will be marvellous...

More signatures needed to ensure maximum impact with the club though... Sign yourself - pester any supportive contacts to also sign - and keep bouncing the thread for a while.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
164 signatures currently. All is going well but we will need more than that if it is to make an impact.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
164 signatures currently. All is going well but we will need more than that if it is to make an impact.
For context, the cycle path e-petition has 263 signatures after being open for 2 months... if we can get the SBTS Campaign up to 500 signatures over the next couple of weeks then that will be brilliant and more than enough to make an impact - some of the comments made are great, more of those would be good too.

NB If the 164 who have signed so far get an average of 5 or 6 other people (Albion/Sussex supporting friends, family, workmates, contacts...) to sign up then that will make over 1,000 in total... some won't get 5 or 6 but some should be able to get loads...

Please don't put off sending those e-mails, FB status and texts to spread the word - if we all do it then this will fly...!

YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here