Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A few occasions admittedly and he still needs to bulk up definitely - a year can make a lot of difference to physicality. I’m not judging him as an established PL player but as a 21 year old youth player who is still developing.

No doubt if he gets to play any minutes with the first team in the New Year as cover for Adingra/Mitoma/March, he will sadly be the target of scapegoating and condemnation of those NSCers who don’t understand youth development is a process and think no player should play with our first team unless they are PL hardened and as good as our more experienced players even when those more experienced players aren’t available .🤷🏻‍♂️
True, but he did look weak and his decision making occasionally left a bit to be desired.
having said that, there is something there and anyone would be foolish to write him off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Back on topic, I was at Bristol Rovers Vs Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago and Peupion came on for the last 20 mins. He had one or two nice touches, made a good pass to set up one half-chance, but overall looked a bit lightweight and didn't really make an impact. General feedback from Cheltenham fans I spoke to was more of the same - not really the player you want in a team fighting League One relegation, but the sort of player who might actually look better at a higher level with more technical players around him.

Worth noting that he really hasn't been given enough opportunities at Cheltenham to make much judgement though. He was loaned under a previous manager who wanted to play passing football, but after that led to one of the worst starts in league history, their new manager has gone for a hoofball approach - which is bringing them results, but I suspect is why we're recalling him.
I don't think Peupion had too much on-field involvement in that either, TBF.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A few occasions admittedly and he still needs to bulk up definitely - a year can make a lot of difference to physicality. I’m not judging him as an established PL player but as a 21 year old youth player who is still developing.

No doubt if he gets to play any minutes with the first team in the New Year as cover for Adingra/Mitoma/March, he will sadly be the target of scapegoating and condemnation of those NSCers who don’t understand youth development is a process and think no player should play with our first team unless they are PL hardened and as good as our more experienced players even when those more experienced players aren’t available .🤷🏻‍♂️
Quite a few occasions, but agree with your post.

However, there is a fine line between putting a player into the first team and judgement around whether he is ready. Thankfully, we have excellent management team who get most things right. IMO, he is probably not quite ready and has some developing to do. In fact, based on last nights showing most of the U21s looked like they’d struggle (and some of those have already played this season and last). That’s why you can’t go off one game.

As for NSC, the vast majority are supportive, unless the players name is Webster or March.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Quite a few occasions, but agree with your post.

However, there is a fine line between putting a player into the first team and judgement around whether he is ready. Thankfully, we have excellent management team who get most things right. IMO, he is probably not quite ready and has some developing to do. In fact, based on last nights showing most of the U21s looked like they’d struggle (and some of those have already played this season and last). That’s why you can’t go off one game.

As for NSC, the vast majority are supportive, unless the players name is Webster or March.
Today he may get a chance to have some minutes - I think he could be ready for that - the club will need to make a decision since he’s out of contract in the summer.

As for NSC the vast majority were negative about Buonanotte when he came in last January saying he should be going out on loan or wasn’t good enough for the PL - I haven’t followed Cameron on loan but he showed enough quality last season to continue developing with Brighton for at least the rest of the season even if it means PL2 and minutes in cup matches. Sometimes loan clubs just don’t work out and do nothing to further your career - Wee Billy can attest to that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Today he may get a chance to have some minutes - I think he could be ready for that - the club will need to make a decision since he’s out of contract in the summer.

As for NSC the vast majority were negative about Buonanotte when he came in last January saying he should be going out on loan or wasn’t good enough for the PL - I haven’t followed Cameron on loan but he showed enough quality last season to continue developing with Brighton for at least the rest of the season even if it means PL2 and minutes in cup matches. Sometimes loan clubs just don’t work out and do nothing to further your career - Wee Billy can attest to that.
Re Buononotte- To be fair. They may have been right at that point. Young players need games to develop, which has been proven in his case as his performances have improved and he has made big strides.

Arguably, without the injuries those chances may not have arisen.

As for Cameron, his confidence has probably taken a knock, hadn’t realised the contract situation, a big few months for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can already see from a few appearances this guy ain’t gonna make it for us
Was beginning to write the lad off but this has given me hope 👀😜

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Absolutely woeful lol
Just as a matter of interest, I do hope
the club consults you on the prospects of players before deciding if they are worthy of extending their contacts.. . !

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just as a matter of interest, I do the club consults you on the prospects of players before deciding if they are worthy of extending their contacts.. . !
@dwayne is the most black and white poster on here. It’s refreshing and he takes the BANTZ well if he gets things wrong. I think the club should consult him and we can have a Dwayne hit rate % 🤣

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Cheltenham sacked Wade Elliot after losing 7 of their first eight games. From the start of the season they had seven 21 year olds on loan from EPL and Championship clubs, but could select only five of them in any match day squad. Since Darrell Clarke took over, few of the loanees have got much game time and six of the seven loans were terminated in January.

However Peupion did play some games for them, so him subsequently returning and coming on in the FA Cup for a minute on Saturday means that he's now played for two teams, albiet in different competitions. Am I right in thinking that this disqualifies him from playing for a third club this season?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Cheltenham sacked Wade Elliot after losing 7 of their first eight games. From the start of the season they had seven 21 year olds on loan from EPL and Championship clubs, but could select only five of them in any match day squad. Since Darrell Clarke took over, few of the loanees have got much game time and six of the seven loans were terminated in January.

However Peupion did play some games for them, so him subsequently returning and coming on in the FA Cup for a minute on Saturday means that he's now played for two teams, albiet in different competitions. Am I right in thinking that this disqualifies him from playing for a third club this season?
It prevents him from joining another English club on loan this season, yes. (Multiple posts on here over the last few days will inform you he could join a team from a country where the season follows a different calendar though!).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It prevents him from joining another English club on loan this season, yes. (Multiple posts on here over the last few days will inform you he could join a team from a country where the season follows a different calendar though!).
On this thread? I didn't see anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here