Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron must go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we follow your concern on the Queen why is everyone having a go at Trump as he could later in the year be the leader of the largest economy where many workers who are reliant with trading with the USA and the impact on the special relationship.
Which just shows that you link to anyone to support your own views regardless of whether it is a scandal or not.

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand the point you're making.

Trump is an embarrassment too isn't he? And I don't think he has a hope of being elected when you consider a significant rump of his own party membership will end up voting for Clinton or just abstain.

And your last sentence makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If we must have an unelected head of state, I can think of no-one better than the Queen. I just think she's made a massive gaffe here, being filmed criticising the Chinese delegation. It is unusual for her though. I will admit I am dreading Prince Charles becoming head of state as his constant interference and regular inappropriate comment will be too much to bear.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I agree Cameron should know better. The Queen's comments are where the betrayal of trust thing comes in I think - all she did was sympathise with someone who had obviously done a very good job in trying circumstances. Conversations like that must go on daily in diplomatic circles which is why I find it strange that this has come out.

It's been suggested by political analysts that Cameron knew exactly what he was doing, setting the agenda for the anti-corruption conference. The Nigerian President made a speech the next day saying he agreed with Cameron and the international community must work together to improve the situation. Good move by Cameron, I would say.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the Chinese thought they rulled the world in the 60's or was it the early 70's when some little dipstick came out of their embassy and ripped the buttons off a chief officers uniform..........we were soft then and we are now

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
And your last sentence makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If we must have an unelected head of state, I can think of no-one better than the Queen. I just think she's made a massive gaffe here, being filmed criticising the Chinese delegation. It is unusual for her though. I will admit I am dreading Prince Charles becoming head of state as his constant interference and regular inappropriate comment will be too much to bear.

I reckon now she's reached 90 she is playing up the role of "old woman who no longer cares what she says."

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its amazing how people are only just cottoning on to corruption now, hundreds of years after it started, even thousands

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
So we know and admit that these countries are corrupt but we still throw millions of pounds at them in aid every year?
Boy! Are we stupid. They must all be laughing their socks of at us.

Official Figures.
attachment.php

And from the same table

attachment.php

Link to table http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/DT.ODA.ALLD.CD

In case you are brave enough to want to see the full extent of our stupidity.
Just think what we could do with that money in this country.

Attachments

• Aid Afganistan.png
    Aid Afganistan.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Aid to Nigeria.png
    Aid to Nigeria.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 103

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here