Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cameron accused of lying

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We all grow up with the assumption that all politicians tell lies.
It's what we expect, yet we still vote them in.
But what if a politician were to emerge who told the truth.
Would we be able to handle it, or would it be that we cannot actually handle the real truth and need it to be cushioned.
I have toyed with the idea of maybe getting into politics, using the 'always telling the truth' aspect as policy, but in real life government, just how long would I really last?

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Web lync does not work but have a red wedge love in if you want

So you didn't read it, but you made this comment anyway? You really should go back and read it, rather than just putting your fingers in your ears and screaming about love-ins. If a fraction of what he is writing is true, and coming from a doctor rather than a politician I'm more inclined to believe it, then it makes for grim reading and perhaps we, as the electorate would do well to understand such things before blindly ticking a box based on tribal nonsense.

I'm still yet to see proud Tory on this board (there's more than a few, I've read posts on here for years despite my post count) even once attempt to justify or even acknowledge cuts to the ILF. Stop plugging your ears and covering your eyes every time you sniff some criticism of your beloved leaders for god sake, they're not infallible and it is our job to remind them such!

Dec 29, 2011
We all grow up with the assumption that all politicians tell lies.
It's what we expect, yet we still vote them in.
But what if a politician were to emerge who told the truth.
Would we be able to handle it, or would it be that we cannot actually handle the real truth and need it to be cushioned.
I have toyed with the idea of maybe getting into politics, using the 'always telling the truth' aspect as policy, but in real life government, just how long would I really last?
It wouldn't last at all. People are ignorant and take what the media tell them without doing research. Look at how Corbyn is being received right now for proof.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The NHS has sadly been mismanaged by Government for a long time, Labour through incompetence and the Tories through intent.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It wouldn't last at all. People are ignorant and take what the media tell them without doing research. Look at how Corbyn is being received right now for proof.

That is what scares me about a massively important decision in the EU referendum.
Vote yes or no that's fine, but at least do some research into the facts before doing so rather than believing the press and politicians.
Too many ignorant people as you say who have made their minds up just based on a few issues rather than seeing the whole picture.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's remarkable to me that anyone still believes politicians are going to be the ones capable of solving the world's problems. Certainly the politicians we have running the show now, in all territories, will not be the ones to reset the balance. Too much emphasis on the right to profit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here