Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cambridge United vs Albion

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My brother in law didn't think so when HMS Coventry was sunk beneath him.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Brovian said:
, Oooh, have to disagree there Ninj. Why is it offensive? Surely not because of 1966 and a minor war in 1982? Unlike England Argentina have consistently been one of the top sides in the world, no one minds when people sing"It's just like watching Brazil!" do they? I haven't seen the new kit but it sounds brilliant. "Ar-gen-tina! Ar-gen-tina!"

One of the reasons I hate Scumchester United so much is because their fans sing "Argentina" at their games. I know this is for a different reason but it still fcuks me off big time. I never want to see the day that a Brighton fan chants "Argen f***ing tina"

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
I never want to see the day that a Brighton fan chants "Argen f***ing tina"

You not seen the new kit mate. I do not think it will be to long. A bit like a flight from Germany to England :lolol:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
basically, who ever decided to ditch the proper blue and white stripes of the albion for this new strip, that looks like it has been over washed at 60 degrees, has made a complete wang!! we want our proper blue!

however, to those who sang argentina-think long and hard over the next few days before the season starts. not something i want to hear sung by our fans, partly due to them being a team of cheats and mainly due to it being a country we rightly went to fight. a war that people died in!

if you think that singing 'its just like watching brazil' is in any way similar to singing 'argentina' then you have lost the plot!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
scarby said:
Donk the Seagull said:
dunno who the fans were cheerin 'argentina' but they were complete idiots. :nono: the kit looks well nice and i hope lots of people hav it for the 1st few games of the season.:clap:

couldn't agree more, i had to move away, cause they p*ssed me right off:angry:

I am glad we were of service, will try and sit near you at Reading.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Any way back to the football the second half was very good if they play like that against reading got to be in with a chance.

Cambridge where muched improved from last season a possible chance of promotion for them.

Molango and knight the prospect will frirgten most defences this season.

come on the striped army.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Changing the subject slightly, how many albion fans were their?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Why are people kicking up such a fuss about chanting Argentina? ???

Because people have lost loved ones fighting in a 'conflict' against them.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Most of the time we sang "we want our proper blue, we want our proper blue". Not sure who started the Argentina chant! ANyway see you at all teh away games this season, you must come over and say hello rather than moving away. Other than Uncle Buck, Apples and the Worthing Pensioners we are all recovering alcoholics so we need support and help. The above name criminals are still having to drink from 11 to 11 every Saturday!

Perhaps we can set up a fighting fun to beat our addition to the Albion and real ale and become proper NSC people. You never know one day we may turn up with face paint and I love NSC t-shirts or something similar!

Anyway after seeing the kit on Saturday, i have not changed my opinion, i think it looks dire.

BTW According to the Argus which i have just seen we had 169 at the match.

£13 at Stevenage
£10 at Cambridge

Makes Withdean look almost reasonable value!

Mr Blobby

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Other than Uncle Buck, Apples and the Worthing Pensioners we are all recovering alcoholics so we need support and help. The above name criminals are still having to drink from 11 to 11 every Saturday!

Probably starting at 10 this Saturday...

:drink: :drink: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here