Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camber Sands

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
They were fishing on rocks the condition of the sea changed in one hour and a big wave washed them into the sea.
The sea down here does change dramatically on the tides that's why we have surfing.
All our beaches down here have lifeguards and most know all about rip tides and what to do yet still many go in the sea either side of the flags, idiots.
Listening to Jeremy Vine today the police commissioner for Sussex made my piss boil, Camber (which I know well) although a safeish beach should have a lifeguard because it is so popular, lifeguards are funded by the council I think so maybe it's the council not willing to spend the money.
I would be very surprised if it was a rip at Camber especially if the sea was calm, reports seem to confirm it was the speed of the incoming tide, I also remember very soft patches of sand in places at Camber as well, this may also have been a factor.
Very sadly I was not surprised that the lads were Sri Lankan.
My wife is also Sri Lankan and I know many Sri Lankans, great people but so many just can't swim, out of all the Sri Lankans I know, none can swim or at least are very weak swimmers.
Of course these lads may have been very good swimmers, I don't know but there must have been a lot of other people in the water at the same time but it was just these poor lads that lost their lives.
Extremely sad.
Very disappointed with some of the comments on here.

Spoke to very good mate of mine (half Indian/half Dutch) about this, and he agreed with you.
And now seemingly proved about two of them at least.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/1...asks_why_there_was_no_lifeguard/?ref=mr&lp=19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here