Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calvin Andrew - Remember him?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
9 years ago,3 goals,one of his best spells,i remember he got badly hurt at the Withdean......

Seem to recall him colliding with the post in his last game and being seriously hurt . Gave 100% while he was with us , wish him well .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Also today, 3 Millwall fans were jailed for fighting at Peterborough. No-one seriously hurt according to police reports but still the fans got between 8 and 15 months and 7 fans got banning orders of between 3 and 8 years. Calvin steams into an unsuspecting victim on a football with his elbow and we're discussing whether the police should get involved.

I'm not saying any of these fans didn't deserve it but I have to question the difference in police and court attitudes.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Possibly provoked by racial abuse? Who knows, and you couldn't possibly condone such an action, but either way, the NSC lynch mob will 'hang him high.'

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ouch. He wasn't expecting that - very cowardly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also today, 3 Millwall fans were jailed for fighting at Peterborough. No-one seriously hurt according to police reports but still the fans got between 8 and 15 months and 7 fans got banning orders of between 3 and 8 years. Calvin steams into an unsuspecting victim on a football with his elbow and we're discussing whether the police should get involved.

I'm not saying any of these fans didn't deserve it but I have to question the difference in police and court attitudes.

That is close to my first thought.

Had he done it 8 yards to his right, he'd never again be allowed at a football match.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Possibly provoked by racial abuse? Who knows, and you couldn't possibly condone such an action, but either way, the NSC lynch mob will 'hang him high.'
I don't get your point - are you suggesting we should feel there are appropriate extenuating circumstances for flying at somebody elbow first?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It looks bad although it is from some distance away but even from there there's clearly no sugar-coating a dirty, horrible, cynical elbow. Andrew deserves it but I think Thatcher's was worse. He was lucky not to face a GBH charge.

I remember Thatcher's well and recall asking someone why they thought a forearm smash constituted a tackle. This one looks worse to me because he went in for a second go.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Yep - palace being stupid enough to loan him to us is one of the major reasons we are where we are today & why our attendances are so high. Never been a player that one club has done business with the other to come close to the significance of this one. I know a lot of CP2010FC fans are still sick just thinking about it today. Love having this bragging right forever me :thumbsup:

Glenn Murray and Dobbie worked out fine for us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It looks bad although it is from some distance away but even from there there's clearly no sugar-coating a dirty, horrible, cynical elbow. Andrew deserves it but I think Thatcher's was worse. He was lucky not to face a GBH charge.

I'm surprised more footballers don't get charged with GBH for on-field assaults. Didn't Duncan Ferguson get jailed for elbowing someone? And there was a Brentford player who smashed John Uzzell's eye socket - was it Blissett? I think he got found not guilty. I think there have been a few others too but I'm not quite sure why some elbows are worthy of criminal charges and some aren't

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glenn Murray and Dobbie worked out fine for us.

Haha took the bait with a lack of football knowledge perfectly - we didn't do business with you for Murray :lol: too easy :lol: :ffsparr:

And Dobbie was absolutely shocking - so glad we got rid of him to you the amount he was on. And any other loanee would've managed a couple of goals & assists in a successful ish team.

Ps - Ashley Barnes :thumbsup:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
But

Haha took the bait with a lack of football knowledge perfectly - we didn't do business with you for Murray :lol: too easy :lol: :ffsparr:

And Dobbie was absolutely shocking - so glad we got rid of him to you the amount he was on. And any other loanee would've managed a couple of goals & assists in a successful ish team.

Ps - Ashley Barnes :thumbsup:

I know you like to think you are playing some game with us, but you are really not. You are either immature, sad or a bit of both. Anyway.......

As for Dobbie, when our team were falling apart he was the one who helped drag us over the line into the play offs. I'm sure you remember what happened then!

This year is looking a bit shite again, but get rid of soppy bollocks and we will be fine again. I'm sort of hoping you lot are promoted, just so I can see how easy you find it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know you like to think you are playing some game with us, but you are really not. You are either immature, sad or a bit of both. Anyway.......

As for Dobbie, when our team were falling apart he was the one who helped drag us over the line into the play offs. I'm sure you remember what happened then!

This year is looking a bit shite again, but get rid of soppy bollocks and we will be fine again. I'm sort of hoping you lot are promoted, just so I can see how easy you find it.

:lol: You're on an Albion message board at 2 am yet you're calling me sad :lol:

Ps - don't rewrite history with Dobbie - he was shite, you limped into the playoffs & then got very very lucky. I know today hurts and you and the crew need to try to face it out on here as you've given it out so much for years :thumbsup: The play-offs and that year don't hurt anymore - it's gone, history, you had one lucky night, we've dealt with it. Seems the only thing you've got...?

Another bite - too easy :thumbsup:

PPS - This is a thread about a Rochdale player. Please refrain from posting again as the infractions are adding up with every post & you'll join the rest of the crew like Doogle on the sidelines with a ban if you continue :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here