Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calum Wilson,Ajose,Igor Vetokele,

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
He actually said:

“We’ve got our main targets. It’s been a bit frustrating, we’d have liked to have brought one or two more in before the start of the season but the transfer window is the end of August and the season starts three or four weeks before that, so in an ideal world the transfer window would finish and the season would start.

“It doesn’t work like that. We could have brought in three or four players by now. They wouldn’t be the main ones we want. It’s a 46-game season and from our perspective we want to make sure we get the best players in at the best possible price we can within our budget, so I’m very confident by the end of August we will have a very good squad.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
We won't have a 'very good squad' by championship levels. This year has seen a massive increase in squad quality; teams like forest, Cardiff, Norwich and so forth have unbelievable squads for this level. I'm sure we can compete if we have a good nucleus of a team and keep them fit. But in my opinion we haven't fully replaced upson or ward and clearly a big void left by Ulloa.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
wonder what our actual budget is? last season was supposed to be higher than the season before, but i think that was a lip service judging by the lack of signings or quality of signings

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Gate receipts 3 times bigger than Brentfords yesterday!At present,it looks like our budget is similar.Probably in accordance with FFP!!

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
There needs to be some serious consequences on the back of this FFP otherwise we are just mugs.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There needs to be some serious consequences on the back of this FFP otherwise we are just mugs.

This is true, but I expect the club and others that have complied to put a lot of pressure onto the league to not let the flouters go unpunished.
From what I have read, the embargo that clubs would be put under would be lifted once they had a financial plan put together to bring the club into compliance.
My concern is that those clubs could have that financial plan already put together, they just intend to spend what they like till they get hit with the embargo, then hand their plan over to the league for scrutiny and start behaving from that point, serving next to no time under punishment. At least we should get all the clubs complying from January onwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here