Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Calling all trades people with a van

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Gave up on a van years ago after I lost everything twice. I now use a two door fiesta the back windows are blacked out with the darkest tint I could get.
If stacked properly you can get a huge amount of tools into a Fiesta. I had the back suspension upgraded to take the weight.
Double post

My van has no sign writing / stickers, the back doors don’t have windows and I have a metal bulkhead, I also don’t leave anything trade related on the front seat or dashboard.
I’m not saying it will never be robbed but I don’t advertise that I have tools in the van.
on a similar note, it the late 80s there were a spate of burglaries in our street and surrounding areas. Several of the really nicely maintained ones and first to get Satellite were broken into but our outside always looked rundown and in 50 years living there we werent broken into once!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
on a similar note, it the late 80s there were a spate of burglaries in our street and surrounding areas. Several of the really nicely maintained ones and first to get Satellite were broken into but our outside always looked rundown and in 50 years living there we werent broken into once!
Any excuse to not paint the outside and tidy the front garden :wink: :smile:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

My van has no sign writing / stickers, the back doors don’t have windows and I have a metal bulkhead, I also don’t leave anything trade related on the front seat or dashboard.
I’m not saying it will never be robbed but I don’t advertise that I have tools in the van.
To be fair I wouldn’t want people to know I was a plumber either 🤣😁

Joking aside can anyone tell what is the point of tradesman owning a pick up truck absolutely useless for just about anything.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have always used one of these if I have to leave anything in a van overnight.

It takes up a bit of space on the drive, but has the added bonus of being able to take out any scrotes doing wheelies on stolen scrambler bikes in the fields opposite

1698342963589.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here