Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] CALLING ALL MEN!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think you’re being a bit too serious Timbha. We’re talking in generals, and in general men are shit. It’s nothing to do with rights to interrupt as you put it. Or by that inference, are you saying men are always busy and women have f*** all to do all day but engage in chatter? Which means you’re sexist…:wrong::kiss:
Not at all. I deliberately used “he” in my example to make it clear to a simpleton that I was following the comment about men. Of course the same would apply to women being interrupted.
I’m not sexist, however you appear to be something but I can’t make out what

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not at all. I deliberately used “he” in my example to make it clear to a simpleton that I was following the comment about men. Of course the same would apply to women being interrupted.
I’m not sexist, however you appear to be something but I can’t make out what
I’ve no idea what you’re on about, you seem to be the only one who’s not reading in the spirit Twas made. Get that Friday night beer down yer, and agree men are generally a bit shit at.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hate it if someone calls me. Hate it.

Doubly if it’s someone that would normally text.

el punal

Why do men especially, no matter how close/years of friendship or even family, never answer their phones? If I need to chat or talk briefly, ask a quick question etc it’s never an issue when I ring someone of the fairer sex. Women answer their phones. Reply to texts. “Girlfriends” are way WAY more realiable in that sense. But blokes, FFS, even if you’ve shared a lifetime of stuff together and are godfather to countless sprogs you diligently remember birthdays for…… No, you may as well call Samaritans as ring them for some advice or ask a question of.

So here’s a message: If you’re a BLOKE (!) try f***ing answering your phone when it goes!

Stop screening and calling back weeks later! Jesus, you lazy tech-phobic fuckers, get with the beat and engage in the moment - not after the funeral when the call’s irrelevant! We need to go back to non digital landlines when people answered no matter what. I’m astonished at the sheer number of people who don’t pick up but do chat - almost immediately - via What’s App, SMS, etc when pinging a message because they didn’t answer. What is ducking wrong with you?!!! Are you too busy wanking all the time? The sport channel THAT good?! Engage in the power of SPEECH! You know, verbal. Tongues. Retro style! Seems reserved for the over 70s only these days. Sake. Jesus, and breath…!
This is the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049 . . . Hello . . . Hello . . .

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Since I retired I never answer my phone to unknown numbers as I was getting so many time wasting calls so now it goes to voice mail and they never leave a message.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
If my friends and family call, and if it’s important and I don’t answer they leave me a message and I call them right back. Win/win. 👍🏻

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Alternatively men could answer your calls with

I'm on a train, I may lose the signal when we go through a tunnel.....hello, hello can you hear me.

I'm at the football.....Brighton....

Yeah, I'm in the cinema/theatre/supermarket/shop delete as necessary

I'm driving, hang on, there some blue lights flashing behind me, I may have to pull over

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I hate answering the phone. I'm ok once I've answered it but it's a serious barrier if I'm not at peak mental health.

That said there is a select group of people to whom I will answer the phone immediately to at any time.
Those people have proven over many years they they are not going to call me unless there is something important to discuss that is time critical.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With the number of scams and such, I never answer the phone if I don't recognise the number.

But if I know who is calling I usually answer (even if I'm reluctant to speak to them). But it's incredibly rare, and is usually just my niece.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People don’t TALK on phones in 2023 do they?
I assumed it was a feature that got phased out of phones, probably when the iPhone 6 or 7 came out.

Remember when to open windows on a car you had to wind a handle round and round?

Yeah, and also when we used to carry around little device with us so we could talk to people who were somewhere else.

Thank god for technological advancement!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If any one of my mates called me up "for a chat", I would find it PROFOUNDLY weird. A phone call between blokes is merely a brief one to make arrangements when you can't be arsed to Whatsapp, NOT to sit there chewing the cud for 45 minutes. Otherwise, what would we talk about when we meet up ??

Women are just wired differently. They'll call each other up just to talk about absolutely f*ck-all. The doris can arrive home from a night out with her besties, and immediately get on the phone to have another endless chat with one of them straight after. I mean WTF ?

As a bloke, I don't want to speak to anyone on the phone. Texts/Whatsapps are perfectly adequate, and do not intrude on peoples time or attention. Its on both parties terms. If I see my phone light up with a call from a mate at 10pm, I instantly assume some kind of trauma has occurred that may involve him sleeping on my sofa.

Nobody needs that.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Why do men especially, no matter how close/years of friendship or even family, never answer their phones? If I need to chat or talk briefly, ask a quick question etc it’s never an issue when I ring someone of the fairer sex. Women answer their phones. Reply to texts. “Girlfriends” are way WAY more realiable in that sense. But blokes, FFS, even if you’ve shared a lifetime of stuff together and are godfather to countless sprogs you diligently remember birthdays for…… No, you may as well call Samaritans as ring them for some advice or ask a question of.

So here’s a message: If you’re a BLOKE (!) try f***ing answering your phone when it goes!

Stop screening and calling back weeks later! Jesus, you lazy tech-phobic fuckers, get with the beat and engage in the moment - not after the funeral when the call’s irrelevant! We need to go back to non digital landlines when people answered no matter what. I’m astonished at the sheer number of people who don’t pick up but do chat - almost immediately - via What’s App, SMS, etc when pinging a message because they didn’t answer. What is ducking wrong with you?!!! Are you too busy wanking all the time? The sport channel THAT good?! Engage in the power of SPEECH! You know, verbal. Tongues. Retro style! Seems reserved for the over 70s only these days. Sake. Jesus, and breath…!
You're making the assumption that people don't answer phones because they can't be arsed or because they're rude. I don't answer my phone in many situations eg if I'm driving or in a meeting or playing sport/exercising or having a meal out with my wife or when doing so would appear rude or if my phone is turned off for whatever reason. But if I'm sitting at home doing nothing or walking down the street, why would I not answer it? If someone doesn't answer your call it's either because it's not convenient to do so, or because they don't want to speak to you. So just leave a message and they'll get back to you if they want to. It's not hard!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're making the assumption that people don't answer phones because they can't be arsed or because they're rude. I don't answer my phone in many situations eg if I'm driving or in a meeting or playing sport/exercising or having a meal out with my wife or when doing so would appear rude or if my phone is turned off for whatever reason. But if I'm sitting at home doing nothing or walking down the street, why would I not answer it? If someone doesn't answer your call it's either because it's not convenient to do so, or because they don't want to speak to you. So just leave a message and they'll get back to you if they want to. It's not hard!
Wasn’t make that assumption, nor based on one or several calls. It’s a generalism, that appears to hold weight given the answers! Many blokes appear so cynical about who’s calling, they’d miss camelots and/or the grim reapers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here