Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caldy- midfield

huge

Mar 23, 2011
He drifted into front. I saw him in the centre and he was there in defence, hands behind back, shepparding the wingers into the Corners. Worked real hard. I hope we see Bruno and cauld doing this a lot more

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Inspired move by CH and really paid off, he was superb tonight, as were most of the team, what a joy it was to watch some of that football tonight
And to think that for the last six months we've been moaning about players being played out of position!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There was a point in the first half where he was very nearly through on goal. I really wanted to see what he'd have done with it, would he have coolly stroked the ball into the bottom corner or would it have been a "rabbit in headlights" panic, not knowing what to do?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's get his new contract sorted out as soon as possible.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Obvious (i suggested that in another post before the game). Not sure about his (Calderon) tracking back though in the last five minutes. Bruno look exceptionally strong. It will take a good winger to get past Bruno.

PS: At a pinch I think the right-footed Holla could make a passable left-back. Holla can cover when our left back goes forward. Clear advantage over Forster-Caskey in this respect. I am not sure that both Calderon and Holla can last it out for the whole 90 minutes though, especially against Arsenal, so a plan B will have be devised.

Looking at Arsenal against Man City and they seemed good at interceptions, and we might come a cropper with our passing like we did at Norwich. Against Arsenal we have only on thing going in as they cannot help but be complacent, say 10% off their performance. They are exceptionally quick in midfield, except perhaps Ozil. So I don't think what worked against Ipswich will work against Arsenal.

Different kettle against Arsenal, but I can't help thinking that Calderon is out most successful right sided midfielder. I would like a wide man winger with pace (sprint speed) really. But in the absence of pace, Calderon produces more assists.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Ipswich fans have a song that goes: “We all dream of a team of Tommy Smiths.”

We should have one that goes: “We all dream of a team of Calderons.”

That man is the on-field channel of the fans’ passion. He knows what it means to wear the Brighton shirt.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Calde was tired because he'd been keeping a lid on £10m rated Tyrone Mings, and attacking with flairtastic verve at every opportunity. Great display along with Ince, Tex and COG.

That Mings does look like a beast of a player.
Didn't do much against us though, great job by bruno and calde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here