Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde's dive

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
It wasn’t a dive it was a dramatic descent broken down into a number of instalments.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Trod on the ball and went down theatrically. Come on Calde you're better than that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
When the incident was reshown on the WSU concourse there was a large outbreak of laughter, which I think says it all about the 'dive'. Still if anyone could have got away with it, it would have been Saint Calde.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have now watched it two or three times. Was not a dive and probably not a penalty. His momentum going into a ruck of players caused him to fall.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It looked at the time like his first intention was always to go down. Then when I saw it on the highlights last night I cringed, and died a little inside.

Why Calde ?

Why ?

I was watching in a pub yesterday, with a few Arse fans, when he went over I was practically screaming at the TV for a penalty. It had to be, this is Calde, he doesn't do diving.

Oh, as you were everyone, nothing to see here.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It looked at the time like his first intention was always to go down. Then when I saw it on the highlights last night I cringed, and died a little inside.

Why Calde ?

Why ?

Lopez's roll is by far the worse i've seen to get a Geordie player sent off. El- Abd has been embarrassing before(going down clutching his face)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lopez's roll is by far the worse i've seen to get a Geordie player sent off. El- Abd has been embarrassing before(going down clutching his face)

Agreed, the sly Lopez roll (and glance to the ref), that was a low point.

The El-Abd faceclutch did become something of a trademark of his. He looks like THING when you're up close, like he's carved from granite. He could take a kick in the face from an angry camel and barely blink, so to see him go down rolling around holding his face when someone had given him a dirty look was always a bit of a cringer.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Love the guy, but was very embarrassing watching that one back with a few Arsenal fan friends.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If he had stayed on his feet he may have had a chance at goal, it wasn't clever and should have been yellow carded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here