Calders reaction to the second goal being conceded

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Really...do we let more goals in when he plays ?

Have we not got one of the best defensive records in the league ?

I take that is in spite of him playing....

Calderon's played more games. If you've got the stats at hand to compare fair enough

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I can't stand it any more.

FFS people how many times do you have to be told:-

CALDE WOULD BE A SH*T MANAGER

Arsene Wenger wouldn't take Theo Walcott out to the park to feed the ducks, then on the way home buy him some pic'n'mix.
Let little Theo fill his tub up with fizzy cola bottles, all just before tea time, Calde would.

CALDE IS TOO LOVELY TO BE A MANAGER.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...de-and-Ulloa-in-the-beach&highlight=ice-cream

Your self banishment to the cycling thread going well?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your self banishment to the cycling thread going well?
It's going better than I thought, now stop asking questions that's just mean.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not one for confusing overt displays of passion with managerial nous. Don't seem to remember Bob Paisley ranting and raving from the sidelines. Having said that, I would agree with most that Calde could well be a great manager as he clearly has intellect.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest that OG doesn't burst into tears when we concede. Rather he tried to keep level headed and try and do something about it.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Arsene Wenger wouldn't take Theo Walcott out to the park to feed the ducks, then on the way home buy him some pic'n'mix.
Let little Theo fill his tub up with fizzy cola bottles, all just before tea time, Calde would.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...de-and-Ulloa-in-the-beach&highlight=ice-cream

Not necessarily, they just have different styles of management.
I don't think that all managers need to be feared to be respected!
Okay?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Bruno, on his day can be absolutely brilliant and no doubt better than Calde but unfortunately these days they are becoming a rare sight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not necessarily, they just have different styles of management.
I don't think that all managers need to be feared to be respected!
Okay?
Name a great that isn't feared, even just a little bit?

Nice work on taking it to 10.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Yesterday I counted 5 (five) separate occasions when Calderon came off the bench and shouted encouragement to his team-mates and waved his arms.

I failed to count Jones or Garcia do this once.

This does not show he has a more expert coaching or technical understanding of the game, nor do I profess to know whether he will be better management potential than the existing incumbents. But I know one thing.

He showed more passion to win yesterday, as a SUB, than most of the team and worryingly the management. It is for this reason, that until Bruno can prove to be better than Calde for more than just the odd glimpse, Calde every time.

His name should be the first on the team sheet.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

BUT we are trying to be the Arsenal of The Championship, steady top half performances with little spending to pay down debts without threatening to win anything/get promoted. The only trouble is Arsenal took this fork in the road 5+ years before us and they're STILL on it so we'd better get used to it

Last edited:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Oscar's apparent lack of passion on the touchline worries me. I know he is a phlegmatic character, but even so.

My thoughts exactly. I don't want him going for Olympic gold like a do Canio would but a big of passion or even the slightest acknowledgement that something is good/crap would be great. It's just this statue with and folded or sitting down. Annoys me a bit I don't mind saying.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Strange, I seem to remember Nathan Jones high on caffeine as a sub. Maybe it's part of the coaching badge to be torpid

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I think Oscars more worried about his shoes getting dirty as all he seems to do is wander round his technical area arms folded looking at his shoes , probrually the shiniest pair in the championship i hope .
Calde your time will come i really hope so.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Where were you miserable ****ers when we tonked Leicester recently?

Oscar is a decent manager, give him at least a chance to build his own squad. Then we can judge.

Last edited:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
What i miss this season is both of our backs taking it in turns to go up and get first time balls into the box,we have missed Bridge so as our season is going nowhere why not try both Inigo and Bruno filling the backs positions trying to out do each other at least it would increase the flair and entertainment and even provide our striker with a lot more support.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My thoughts exactly. I don't want him going for Olympic gold like a do Canio would but a big of passion or even the slightest acknowledgement that something is good/crap would be great. It's just this statue with and folded or sitting down. Annoys me a bit I don't mind saying.

Reminds me a bit of when Bryan Robson managed Middlesbrough - I remember when they were absolutely dire and he just stood on the touchline, arms folded, without an ounce of emotion.

Personal preference I guess, but give me a Mourinho, Clough or - dare I say it - Poyet, anytime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports