Calders reaction to the second goal being conceded

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Calde doesn't bottle headers or tackles, and never looks half-arsed.

Spot on. No coincidence our uptur in form last year was when Calde got in thanks to Bruno being injured.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can't argue with that, but I never had Bruno down as lazy or a bottler to be fair? Does played with a more laid back style though I suppose.

I missed yesterdays game so can't comment on Bruno's performance yesterday, my opinion is that they both get undone by similar issues when coming up agaisnt pace.

They're both quite poor if someone with paces runs at them, though most full-backs are at this level, and there's not many players with pace and ability otherwise they'd be playing at a higher level.
However on the basic art of defending Calderon is far above Bruno

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I miss Gus, Charlie and Tanno's passion and enthusiasm for the club. Both Oscar and Nathan come across as rather dour. How many times do either of them even crack a smile?

Tanno?! Slumped down, dour-faced in his seat every match with his mouth hidden in the neck of his nice BHA puffa jacket?! Is that the passion you're talking about?

Calde is a legend. Feel sorry for the bloke going through training each week, getting kitted up for each match knowing he's unlikely to feature.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did anyone else notice his reaction when we conceded the second goal? Never seen a substitute behave in this way ever.

Leapt to the touchline, shouting aggresively and waving his arms. Then went to back to the dug out and smashed his fist into the roof.

Jones and Oscar both just stood there, arms folded, not doing anything.

Which reaction showed who gives a toss the most.

Get Calders on the pitch or on the coaching staff. We need his passion badly.
Good for him. Shame we haven't got 11 Calderon's on the pitch and one of him managing us.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tanno?! Slumped down, dour-faced in his seat every match with his mouth hidden in the neck of his nice BHA puffa jacket?! Is that the passion you're talking about?

He was a character though...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I like Calde as much as the next guy and hope he stays with the club in some way for years to come BUT, I don't get where the idea of him being a good (potential) manager came from.

No-one can question his commitment or passion (at least not seriously) but has he ever given any indication he'd want to stay in the game (or he'd be good at it?)? All passion and commitment with nothing else gets you a Di Canio, more is required.

In terms of on the pitch, regardless of his weaknesses compared to Bruno (of which there are a few), I'd still pick him first, a committed, consistent player is better than a sporadically very good one.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Future Brighton Manager.

I thought this to myself and more so since he picked up the PFA Player in the Community award. He is Brighton through and through and would much rather see him as assistant Manager to Garcia than Nathan Jones. IMHO he is not as strong as Bruno but shows different qualities in his game and does not make as many mistakes as Bruno. I would like to see Bruno and Calde rotated more often, depending on who our opponents are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't stand it any more.

FFS people how many times do you have to be told:-

CALDE WOULD BE A SH*T MANAGER

Arsene Wenger wouldn't take Theo Walcott out to the park to feed the ducks, then on the way home buy him some pic'n'mix.
Let little Theo fill his tub up with fizzy cola bottles, all just before tea time, Calde would.

CALDE IS TOO LOVELY TO BE A MANAGER.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...de-and-Ulloa-in-the-beach&highlight=ice-cream

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I can't stand it any more.

FFS people how many times do you have to be told:-

CALDE WOULD BE A SH*T MANAGER

Arsene Wenger wouldn't take Theo Walcott out to the park to feed the ducks, then on the way home buy him some pic'n'mix.
Let little Theo fill his tub up with fizzy cola bottles, all just before tea time, Calde would.

CALDE IS TOO LOVELY TO BE A MANAGER.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...de-and-Ulloa-in-the-beach&highlight=ice-cream

Calm down you will split a bollock

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And THIS

Everytime. Bruno is a luxury we can ill afford frankly.

Really...do we let more goals in when he plays ?

Have we not got one of the best defensive records in the league ?

I take that is in spite of him playing....

Bruno is simply better than Calderon, hence why managers continue to pick him ahead of Calderon.

Even though I love Calde.

Just because someone punches and shouts does not mean they care more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Calde is a legend. Feel sorry for the bloke going through training each week, getting kitted up for each match knowing he's unlikely to feature.

Calde has played in 21 of our 31 matches this season (i.e. twice as often as not)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did anyone else notice his reaction when we conceded the second goal? Never seen a substitute behave in this way ever.

Leapt to the touchline, shouting aggresively and waving his arms. Then went to back to the dug out and smashed his fist into the roof.

Jones and Oscar both just stood there, arms folded, not doing anything.

Which reaction showed who gives a toss the most.

Get Calders on the pitch or on the coaching staff. We need his passion badly.

You really do like to focus on the negative don't you.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Definite future manager. Wouldn't every club like a manager that looks like a 16th century courtier?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really...do we let more goals in when he plays ?

Have we not got one of the best defensive records in the league ?

I take that is in spite of him playing....

Bruno is simply better than Calderon, hence why managers continue to pick him ahead of Calderon.

Even though I love Calde.

Just because someone punches and shouts does not mean they care more.

Bruno ... 19 league apps ... 13 goals conceded ... 15 goals scored (team) ... 0 goals scored (individual)
Calderon ... 18 league apps ... 17 goals conceded ... 17 goals scored (team) ... 2 goals scored (individual)
(Calderon ... 3 cup apps ... 4 conceded ... 5 scored (team) ... 0 scored (individual))

(added for info, not to make any sort of point)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Paulo Di Canio slides on his knees when he wins and goes mental when he conceeds a goal.

PROOF that passion makes a BRILLIANT football manager......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports