Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon's role last night

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Mings tore us apart earlier in the season from left back so playing Calderon there was a shred tactical move

Whether it was a one off because of the threat of an outstanding left back remains to be seen but you'd have to doubt whether it would be needed against some of the poorer teams in the division

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He did a decent job, mainly in keeping Mings quiet.

However give me Elliot Bennett in that role any day of the week thank you.

Just the slight problem that Elliott Bennett isn't with is at the moment...... although according to the BBC Website report, he did provide the pass for one of the goals.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Just the slight problem that Elliott Bennett isn't with is at the moment...... although according to the BBC Website report, he did provide the pass for one of the goals.

Yeah i noticed that last night, but they have changed it to Joe now. Maybe its a sign 'Bring Benno Back'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aside from Calderon's defensive/ midfield work: if you watch the goals again, he's the closest Albion player to the net on at least two of them. You need players to follow up chances in case of rebounds etc, and it was great to see his enthusiasm in doing so.

We'd expect nothing else of the Great Man of course.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Yes a new contract please and a place on the Legends Wall! The Dos Amigos looked as they they were having a lot of fun, smiling a lot and creating lots

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aside from Calderon's defensive/ midfield work: if you watch the goals again, he's the closest Albion player to the net on at least two of them. You need players to follow up chances in case of rebounds etc, and it was great to see his enthusiasm in doing so.

We'd expect nothing else of the Great Man of course.
In fairness he was doing that when playing right back. If only there was some way of working out why he'd get caught out of position!!

Once again I'm reminded of the game he came on as a late sub but not for Bruno, towards the end of the the season possibly Wolves.

The first thing Calde did was push Ulloa out to the left, played centre forward and DIDN'T track back. :lol:

I can only assume he plays right back just to keep him out of the penalty area, as once he's in he never leaves.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The other bonus was Greer will pass to Bruno whereas will rarely pass to Calde

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here