Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon v Bruno

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of the best 10 passes we made last night, at least 4 were by Bruno. He was the only one doing anything of note in the first 15-20 minutes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Calderon more consistant. Bruno has brilliance but also can be an absolute f kwit with his decisions sometimes.

Over a season I reckon Bruno would lose you more points but make up a majority of these through something class.

Bruno super frustatng as v Wigan was looking like we had the old Bruno , then last night started game again looking good. Then gradually seemed to go care free. That pumped cross near the end straight into touch was a joke (along with another he kicked into touch)

Calderon for me until Bruno can switch on for 90

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Both are not good enough, but would take Bruno over Calderon who at this level simply cannot defend well enough. Even Fraser at Bournemouth had him tied up. I would even question whether he is better going forward, he is certainly more of a threat in the penalty area, but rarely crosses a good ball and lacks pace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt think Bruno was bad last night and prefer him to Calderon I think that the problem was that the midfield was wrong and won nothing other than Bridcutt plus Crofts Lopez and especially JFC should have stayed at home in the warm. Due to the poor midfield display the back four were under undue pressure from a side that hadnt scored in 9 games but managed to get 2 last night.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didnt think Bruno was bad last night and prefer him to Calderon I think that the problem was that the midfield was wrong and won nothing other than Bridcutt plus Crofts Lopez and especially JFC should have stayed at home in the warm. Due to the poor midfield display the back four were under undue pressure from a side that hadnt scored in 9 games but managed to get 2 last night.

Exactly. JFC is too lightweight at this level. If nothing else the last couple of seasons have proved to me you need physique and athletic ability in midfield. Barnsley were simply too strong and we never got near the ball. It was just embarrassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here