Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon leaving to go to Southampton [merged]

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Woah there big man! Why the unneccessary abuse?!

At no point did I say he should love the club, if that's what you're getting at with your perfectly constructed argument. I do think he should have shown more loyalty to Poyet and the club, yes, but my point was aimed at Brian Fantana's comment who said Calderon claimed he will "always be a Seagull".

It annoys me when players move for money and then attempt to appease the fans by saying they loved the club and he is basically claiming the situation is the club's fault.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
End of the day and "allegedly", the guy has been offered a big pay rise to do what he loves, play football.

Reading yesterday's argus it seems as if he didn't get an offer.

Sounds like he agreed terms with the club, and asked for a week because he was going to meet with southampton.

Something happened and prevented that meeting taking part in that week, so he asked for another week. The club took the stance that they'd agreed on a deadline and it had expired, so the offer was withdrawn.

If that's accurate, he is still waiting for a meeting with Southampton, so doesn't know what is on offer (unless the meeting happened over the weekend/yesterday).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Egg on the face for quite a few who said there's no chance of him coming back! I do like quite a few smuck keyboard warriors getting absolutely put in there place you know...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Shall we delete this thread and forget it ever happened? :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Before anyone starts to gloat too much, everyone's anger at the time on this thread was simply based on the FACT he was off to Soton. So this thread was relevant then. It's just not anymore because that FACT has since changed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I bet a lot of posters are going through this thread - checking what they originally posted (I have).

I think I am in the clear.

Anyway as posted on the other thread - if Gus can change his mind ........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where are these C.U.NTS now - and that RedNeb twat - Show yourself you f***ing GOONS - quick enough to come on here before werent ya :rant::shootself:wozza:
Apparently he doesn't care anymore because they signed Brentford's player of the season and Calderon's agent was a nob.

Or something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This really is one of the greatest U-turns in our history...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I bet a lot of posters are going through this thread - checking what they originally posted (I have).

I think I am in the clear.

Anyway as posted on the other thread - if Gus can change his mind ........
:lol:

Just done that. Pardew got it in the neck from me more than Inigo.

Up yours Saints:falmer:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Phew, glad I didn't express my real disappointment with Calderon at the time on this thread.

Glad that he and Gus have kissed and made up.

Get in an experienced CB and the back four looks good.

Just need a replacement for Crofts, Lua Lua on a season long loan and a 20 goal a season striker and we'll be there!

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
To be fair and this may sound like sour grapes, but I'm not to bothered. He's not that great defensively as he positionally-wise goes wandering. Painter is a far better acquisition and I'm sure Gus can find an even better replacement for Calderon. Disappointing how disloyal and unprofessional Inigo is though after being given the platform by Gus to show his ability.

:tosser:

:jester:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Flair player, great going forward. Sometime makes my heart skip at beat when he is out of position still in attack

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Let's not get too down about this folks. Yes Calde played well for us. However, given the choice between Calde and Painter I would have chosen Painter every time. Painter is quality and still at the begining of his career whereas Calde is coming towards the end. It is much harder to find a quality left back than a right back. There are loads of right backs around. Trust me, the signing of Painter is much more significant. If Calde isn't committed to the cause i'm not bothered about him going.

My one worry is that Painter may reconsider his decision to sign. As far as I know he is only on a pre-contract agreement which is pretty much meaningless so until he signs on the dotted line on July 1st he can still walk away.

We have the best team in the League.

End of.

Love this thread. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here