Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon - Contract Extension

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Based upon ability alone, I would definitely offer him an extension.

Factor in everything else, and I'd offer him the keys to the city.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I would quite happily give him one.

This is in every possible positive context.

One thing I never understand about threads like this though are when people are so quick to say sell or get rid without knowing the alternatives. Right now he's top 2 in our squad at rb. If we can buy (not loan) someone significantly better then fine, but don't be so quick to weaken our squad when we don't know who will try to fill his shoes. Have we learnt nothing? :shrug:

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
In NJ's post match interview, he said he was going to have IG next to him on the bench, as his No:2, but knew he still had something to give on the pitch, so thats were he ended up. Thank goodness.
Still, shows there seems to be some recognition for his leadership/coaching skills off the pitch within the back room staff. :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Time is on his side, and for the club it is probably best spent on bringing players in before the window closes. He just gave an answer to an Argus question but I am sure he is not sweating on it as the headline suggests.

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
If he wants to keep playing I think it's time to let him go. Sorry, I love the bloke and would like him to stay here as a coach, he would be a great example for our youth teams. But in my view he is not up to standard for a team wanting promotion from this league anymore and the only way he'll get regular game time would be to leave.

Sorry, dont agree. If that was the case, why have we extended Bruno and not Calde? He's got to be worth at least another year - reportedly it was him and Greer that got the players together and told a few home truths after the Finn went home.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#SignUpCalde

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
IMHO Calde coming back into the team, being the type of player he is - someone who will give everything to the cause - is one of the key reasons we started winning again. Less talented than Bruno? Yes. Better contribution? Yes.

Calde has played the last 3 games and we have not lost. Bruno has a new contract and is 34, so could rotate with Calde, give him another year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#SignUpCalde

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think he is already following an alternative career - starring in the Musketeers on telly.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Much has been written here and elsewhere that players no longer have loyalty to any club; their only loyalty now is to the loot. Quite true. But with all "rules" there are exceptions....and this is one of them.

Calde has displayed loyalty to the club and is a great ambassador and thoroughly deserves an extension. In fact, I would like to see the club guarantee him a "job for life" (whether that be in coaching, AITC or whatever).

In Calde we have a golden nugget and it would be a travesty if the club ignored his passion, commitment and loyalty and failed to give him at least one more year.

Totally agree with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here