Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C m-s

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ulloa's 2nd vs Palace should have won that year at a stroll. The one goal epitomised all that was great about the Gus era. Exquisite football from front to back and made Palace look utterly woeful. Miles better than CMSs.

Great goal, but you have to remember the context in which that one was scored. We were two up, and bossing things. It's much easier to arrogantly ping the ball about with that sort of cushion behind you.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I can see CMS signing for another champ/League one team played with a big man and getting a hatful. With his confidence back and played in the right way I think he still has something.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Based purely on the TB interview in The Argus when he said Gus let him and CMS down and the fact that CH tried to buy him when manager at Norwich I expect them to offer him a performance related contract, whether he signs it is another matter

BG - I agree he will probably play him on Saturday but CH definitely did not try to sign him for Norwich. His agent tried touting him to Norwich and a host of other clubs but CH definitely had no interest in signing him. He knew he was limited in ability and in no way would have succeeded in the Premiership, especially at a club struggling to score goals like Norwich were when he was in charge.

I hope he gets a good reception though on Saturday

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He's taken up valuable wages without showing ANYTHING of note on the pitch for far too long now, there is nothing left for him to offer us and there hasn't been for some time.

Thanks, but goodbye.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Great goal, but you have to remember the context in which that one was scored. We were two up, and bossing things. It's much easier to arrogantly ping the ball about with that sort of cushion behind you.

Still. CMSs goal was one moment of brilliance. Ulloa's was several. Regardless of situation our movement was that of a top end Prem team at that point, the players were on a telepathic wavelength. Best goal at the Amex so far.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
It was as if the Palace players had become statues such was the quality of the passing and movement. On a wider issue I have always thought that CMS is an athlete who can kick a ball ok. Then his injury effectively ended this - now we have an average (by football standards) athlete who can kick/control a ball no better than a good non league player. Would he re kindle his old form at Posh in a different formation or team?? Not in this division- such a shame. Time to move on

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think we got a reasonable output from him at least in the first season and then he was sidelined somewhat in the second season because Poyet never tried to work a system around him.

However, he has somewhat jumped the shark this Season and the last partly caused by injury.

Edited for accuracy. Sorry it never quite worked out for him. The transfer fee and Gus' insistence on studiously playing to Murray's strengths long after he'd replaced him with CMS were millstones he never truly shook off.

I do wonder if Baldock should have looked at what we do to strikers of his ilk before coming to Brighton and said "no". I can see him going down the same route.

Good luck to CMS though, wish him nothing but good will!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fook me that cross against Forest was good. The celebrations were mental. It all seems such a long time ago. Anyone post CMS' s record while at this club. Love the bloke and has been so unlucky with injuries but his record is dire.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
21 goals in 103 appearances. 1 in 5 not as bad as I thought but is his Wikipedia page up to date?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here