Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bygone Snacks

Bruno Tapas

Aug 8, 2012
There was'nt too many treats after the War.....so we made our own snacks...my personal favourite was Dripping on toast and a sprinkling of salt... a healthy food guru's nightmare...but really delicious!

I still enjoy this hence the bad ticker, and if mum sent one of us seven kids to the corner shop for 1/4 spam we knew dad had a good week at work

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Immense - Garlic flavour amazing

mignons-morceaux.jpg

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Immense - Garlic flavour amazing

mignons-morceaux.jpg

These used to be a standard Saturday night snack, all sorts of flavours! How did I miss these snack legends falling off the radar?!??

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Does anyone remember when Toffee Crisp did a limited Christmas Pudding edition?! About 15 years ago at least now I'd reckon.

Some of the sweets on here I'm gutted have now gone to the big sweet shop in the sky - totally forgotten about Banana Toffo's (or indeed Toffo's in general). Could go a packet of them right now!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I do miss the simple pleasure of going to Video Box or Blockbusted to rent a film (as opposed to downloads, Tevo etc) and get my Phileas Fogg and Cola cube snacks. Sat or Sun night, recovering from a Friday, walking endlessly round the aisles picking a film and harmlessly disagreeing with the missus/mates about what film and snacks to get. Ahh, got some nostalgia there.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
2qx5m9y.jpg
Does anyone remember these. We use to get them from the school tuck shop back in the early 70's for a couple of pence a bag

Cheese and Tomato flavour were lovely :p

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I do miss the simple pleasure of going to Video Box or Blockbusted to rent a film (as opposed to downloads, Tevo etc) and get my Phileas Fogg and Cola cube snacks. Sat or Sun night, recovering from a Friday, walking endlessly round the aisles picking a film and harmlessly disagreeing with the missus/mates about what film and snacks to get. Ahh, got some nostalgia there.

Ah cola cubes!

Anyone remember the name of the video rental shop on Ladies Mile Road on the parade nearest the church?! Proper treat to go there back in the day!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah cola cubes!

Anyone remember the name of the video rental shop on Ladies Mile Road on the parade nearest the church?! Proper treat to go there back in the day!

Not sure. I used to go to Tomorrows World on the dials, still there with it's overpriced pouches of maltesers now though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here