Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bye bye Bruce

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t think they’ll change now.

End of the season, yeah. Could see an Eddie Howe go there. I’d be shocked if someone like Gerrard took on that job though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Watching him on Sky now, I feel sorry for him.

He has said at least three times we were beaten by a far far better team.

He is a decent and honest man, I have more time for him than a lot of other managers.
He has had terrible injuries like us as well.
But he got it very badly wrong tonight and his players did not play for him or their club today.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apparently Ashley is currently out of the country so that might delay it.

Whilst it virtually guarantees us EPL football next season in some ways it’s sad to see such a big club like the Toon serving their fans up with performances like that, then again it’s our remit to take advantage of another teams misfortune.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Steve Bruce is a decent guy and Newcastle should be in the PL, proper team with proper support. However this version looks pretty dire. They looked better with Callum Wilson obvs. Great end of season play off looming.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Ashley thinks Bruce won't keep them up he'll sack him within the next 24 hours.

Rafael Benitez hasn't got a job at the minute. £1 million bonus to come in and keep them up might be tempting?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only thing keeping Bruce in his job, is Ashley's refusal to pay him off.

Who is the better owner? Ashley or Bloom.... Tough one.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Wilson does keep them up it really shows what a good player he is. Because they are utter gash.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
When Dubravka feigned injury on 30 minutes, it looked like Graeme Jones took control and was trying to reorganize Newcastle tactically. Steve Bruce just looked like he was doing an impression of Phil Neal in the awful Graham Taylor England documentary.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s not a great manager no. But Bruce is a good man and a gent.

I actually don’t think he’s as bad a manager as he’s portrayed though either.

He used to be very moany about refs, like Dyche, but is less so nowadays

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Geordies are getting exactly what they deserve.

Nearly 10 years of moaning about Ashley, while going to the games, buying the shirts, eating the pies and drinking the pints.

If they actually wanted him out they should try a little harder than a protest march from the pub round the corner to their turnstile at 14:45.

F**k'em

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The Geordies are getting exactly what they deserve.

Nearly 10 years of moaning about Ashley, while going to the games, buying the shirts, eating the pies and drinking the pints.

If they actually wanted him out they should try a little harder than a protest march from the pub round the corner to their turnstile at 14:45.

F**k'em

Can't really argue with that to be fair. They have been surprisingly (considering how die hard they are all supposed to be) pathetic when it comes to protesting against Ashley and trying to get him out of the club.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Mike Ashley has form for getting rid of managers with a handful of games to go. For our sake, hope he stays on, because those run of fixtures they have look shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here