Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bridcutt,David,Upson,Bridge and Vicente

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think Vicente was always going, in fact I thought he already had with his contribution this season.
The rest I think will stay along with Gus for at least another season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Bridge goes, that is a massive body blow, as we will have to find another as good as him that fancies the Championship.

To me, that is symbolic this Summer, of our ambitions.

(Would be hellish if Watford/CP, copied our scouting, and grabbed him).

Similarly, Bridcutt .... no amount of money can buy an equally good replacement willing to play in the Championship.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Spanish Dave has become a cult hero but he was terrible over the two legs.

I think he will be gone. I think upson might stay but bridge has a season in the prem left in him.

We need a dynamic attacking midfielder. I hope next year we see more of jake FC. Obviously crofts was meant to do this but has failed.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
FFS I really believed that we would get to the final.

I am really worried that the expectation will be for top 2 next season = too much pressure = relegation fight.

ffsmurray

Banned
Nov 19, 2011
London
Are you joking? who will want your lame players? Well we may buy them and stick them in the reserves to check them out, but don't hold out for much money for them!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
David and also Bridders (unless there's a silly offer) will stay.
Bridge and Upson I expect to get better offers elsewhere. That means 90% not going to be here if I'm right.
Vicente, don't let door hit your butt on way out. Good player but too injury prone. We should be able to better invest his wages elsewhere

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've got this horrible feeling that this could be our "high water mark". It doesn't take the biggest leap of imagination to see Gus and many more out of the door in the summer. I've got endless faith in Tony to do the right thing and find another great manager but even allowing for that we are possibly looking at a rebuilding exercise and that doesn't bode well for a promotion push.

That said, I'm on the floor and irrational right now so I could very well be talking turd.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Vicente has already packed his suitcase. Bridcutt will only go for offers over £10M. Bridge will be tempted by higher wages elsewhere but we might have a chance with Upson.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Gus has done well at getting decent players in. If he stays then I think we will go up next season regardless of who leaves.

Bridcutt will stay I think. I just can't see any Premiership team taking him at the moment. I think he is good enough for the higher level but it would be a risk for any Premier league manager. If he was 6 inches taller then he would probably already have left us. Oh for an extra 6 inches.

Upson and Bridge will have to consider their options. They seem happy enough but money talks. I reckon Bridge might stay another year but Upson will go I reckon.

Vicente is an enigma. Probably depends on what his wife wants. I think we may have seen the last of him, sadly.

The Spanish speaking players are, I think, happier playing for a Spanish speaking manager:
Poyet is key. I hope he realises we were only a few dodgy early season results away from going up automatically this season and that he will stay and finish the job.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I've got this horrible feeling that this could be our "high water mark". It doesn't take the biggest leap of imagination to see Gus and many more out of the door in the summer. I've got endless faith in Tony to do the right thing and find another great manager but even allowing for that we are possibly looking at a rebuilding exercise and that doesn't bode well for a promotion push.

That said, I'm on the floor and irrational right now so I could very well be talking turd.

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood can lead on to great fortune, Shakespeare. Think you may be right, this season was the now and we missed a great chance through a combination of many things, the optimism shown by many for next year is not a given to me, the Championship will be tougher and more competitve next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here