Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By 6PM North Stand Kiosks Had More Serving Staff Than Customers

FFP. Its a simple formula really, if we didn't jack up prices and reduce costs, we couldn't have afforded to sign Keith Andrews. That's got to be worth all this inconvenience, surely?
Alternatively ... sales are dropping drastically and we might have to sell players to get the books in order, to comply with FFP.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Compared to a cinema, The Amex is fantastic value. Can't say I have a problem with the prices really - at least not for beer and pies. It's a football ground after all, not a supermarket. But the service and choice in some parts of the stadium leaves a lot to be desired.

So because it's a football ground they can charge what prices they want and expect everyone to put up with poor service? I would have thought any business would want to provide a decent service and quality goods to keep their customers happy, in my opinion all football grounds wherever they are should provide as best as possible service and competitive prices that attract their customers to use their business and not someone else's, which does apper to be happening.

Having not been to the cinema for many years I can't comment on any comparison, my only reason for not going to the cinema I might add is because of the inflated prices they charge, from a very personal point of view there is never any film that I desperately want to see that urgently, we normally just wait till it comes out on DVD or the like, I had better add we really are not film people anyway!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Who said anything about charging whatever they want? The beer is no more expensive than in the majority of city centre pubs. The pies aren't cheap but contain real meat rather than ground up sweepings from the abbatoir floor like most football ground fare. Don't know about the burgers etc but, as a comparison, the cheapest available at Brighton Races costs £5. Consistency of the cooking/heating, standards of service, range available, quality of staff etc all need massive improvements but most of the prices in themselves are not unreasonable (apart from the measly chip portion maybe). People pointing out that they can buy stuff from Tesco at a fraction of the cost is just ridiculous - on that basis, you could criticise every caterer in the country.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
It's all down to costs the group of people who sit around me most had brought their own food and flask

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think even at £ 9, the cinema trip is still great value for an evening out. Don't buy the food normally but £ 4.50 for a dustbin of Popcorn is decent value.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Nice to see there's still a thread for all the grumpy old men tonight, even after a comfy 2-0 win.
Good to keep them all together in one place.

There does seem to be an overload of crap tonight, Jesus, just go to the match and go home, why do we have to hear about your personal shite?...we don't want to hear it, report on your view of the game, or at worst if there was any banter or trouble with away fans, but stop the bleating about how bloody hot your pie was.....its boreing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
....Consistency of the cooking/heating, standards of service, range available, quality of staff etc all need massive improvements.....

Yes, of course, teething problems, all talked about at length by Barber in one of his recent interviews....."bedding in will take a bit of time"........ let's just move on shall we?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There does seem to be an overload of crap tonight, Jesus, just go to the match and go home, why do we have to hear about your personal shite?...we don't want to hear it, report on your view of the game, or at worst if there was any banter or trouble with away fans, but stop the bleating about how bloody hot your pie was.....its boreing.

I don't look at 75% of threads because I know they won't interest me. Why are you looking at this one?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolute bonus in WSU.

They were so incompetent that there was none of the 'stop serving 15 minutes before kick off' shenanigans.

No, that wasn't possible for their intellect or training.

Excellent ! we enjoyed our late beers.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't look at 75% of threads because I know they won't interest me. Why are you looking at this one?

I don't bleeding know tbh, lesson learnt I guess, it does become habit forming, but we just all end up sounding like Victor Meldrew.

I asked for a pint of Fosters top in the WSL concourse and got a blank look, so had it straight :nono:

Funny that, last season I asked for 2 pints of fosters, one with a top. After a quite long wait with people getting a bit fractious behind me the boy came back with two pints of fosters and holding a lid for a coffee cup, "the top won't fit I'm afraid" he said.

I had to laugh.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

You're the last person I expected to back me up there, fella.
An unexpected 'cheers' from me.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
£ 7.50 ph.

The service is what puts me off, waiting 15 minutes to get a beer is a drag. The kiosks need supervisors to gee up the teenage staff, I'd go as far as offering a bonus to the kiosk that sells the most, they'd make a fortune if the staff got their backsides into gear. Really wouldn't take too much effort to put it right.

Funny that, last season I asked for 2 pints of fosters, one with a top. After a quite long wait with people getting a bit fractious behind me the boy came back with two pints of fosters and holding a lid for a coffee cup, "the top won't fit I'm afraid" he said.

I had to laugh.
In fairness, I've always found the phrase "with a top" to be a bit wierd, what with me having done my early drinking in Birmingham where the phrase was simply unknown. My guess is that even a competent young newcomer to bar work in Sussex might not turn up at the Amex with the full vocabulary.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
In fairness, I've always found the phrase "with a top" to be a bit wierd, what with me having done my early drinking in Birmingham where the phrase was simply unknown. My guess is that even a competent young newcomer to bar work in Sussex might not turn up at the Amex with the full vocabulary.

Oh well, let's at least hope it had a bottom. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here