Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BVB Dortmund tickets! anyone been?

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I thought it might be fun to go and experience that big stand at BVB Dortmund, checked on their site and it seems they sell out 80,600 every game, no mention of buying tickets from them. Tickets are a ridiculous £150+ on agency sites.
Anyone been, how much do the tickets really cost on that stand and where did you get them from?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Online touts will charge a fortune for most popular overseas games. Don't know especially about Dortmund, but imagine you'd be able to get them out there at face value.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Yep, been with [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]. He sorted the tickets, so best ask him. You are VERY unlikely to get on the terrace, but you can after the game if you want a shufti (we did).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have you tried the ticket office?

0049 18 05 30 90 00

Remember, people still think they can't buy tickets for the Amex, but you only have to call and you canbuy

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Not really relevant but....I went 5 or 6 times in the 80's. Fcuking amazing. Stadium was different then but still massive. Beer on the terraces and smoking and spliffs being passed round and the loudest crowd. Seem to remember it cos 12dm. Awesome. I thought it knocked the Nou Camp into a cocked hat. Went to Monchengladbach a few times as well. Also fantastic.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I'm thinking of going myself with a group of mates later in the year. Is it really just a case of ringing up their ticket office? Will they speak English?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm thinking of going myself with a group of mates later in the year. Is it really just a case of ringing up their ticket office? Will they speak English?

If you can read a bit of German, there might be an online ticket site (like ours, found through the main website). I have bought tickets for Borussia Mönchengladbach and Bayer Leverkusen on line, and they happily posted them to the UK without charging extra.

Last time we went, I bought tickets on the day hoping to get into the terrace at Borussia Park, but failed due to a minor navigational error heading for the car park :down:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
If you get the chance... GO! It's amazing. Believe the hype.

Got my tickets (at face value) by emailing the club and they were very helpful. It will make you feel a bit sad about what's happening to football in the UK over the last 20 years, and how German football has decided to take a very different approach.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
If you can read a bit of German, there might be an online ticket site (like ours, found through the main website). I have bought tickets for Borussia Mönchengladbach and Bayer Leverkusen on line, and they happily posted them to the UK without charging extra.

Last time we went, I bought tickets on the day hoping to get into the terrace at Borussia Park, but failed due to a minor navigational error heading for the car park :down:

Yeah the only problem is that I don't know any German! Is there any way around this slight stumbling block?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yeah the only problem is that I don't know any German! Is there any way around this slight stumbling block?

More than likely they will speak english, pretty standard for most Germans. I remember going to Gladbach several times back in the 80's just roll up POTG for the Nordkurve when they were a force no roof but great fun. Then back to the street of a 1000 bars for the evening entertainment in town.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two ways. Either ring as I'm sure someone will speak German. Or use the website and have another window with google translate open and cut and paste text between the two and toggle back and forth with the translation.

A day at german football is bloody awesome.

Good luck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Beer on the terraces and smoking and spliffs being passed round and the loudest crowd..

Little has changed. You can still drink and smoke until your heart is content....or until your heart packs up. It's ace.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Two ways. Either ring as I'm sure someone will speak German. Or use the website and have another window with google translate open and cut and paste text between the two and toggle back and forth with the translation.

A day at german football is bloody awesome.

Good luck.

I reckon someone will speak German there too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Use Google Chrome - it will translate each page on the fly, giving you the German site in semi-decent English.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon someone will speak German there too.

I'm normally correct about most things, I see no difference here :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here