Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Buzz's Bootroom

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It would still be spelt and pronounced wrongly. Although everyone at the club seems to call him something that sounds like karu. I guess he's too polite to correct them. Or can't be bothered.
Not everyone, the English speakers:facepalm: . I've noticed it in the training videos, 'KaROO KaROO' ffs

Listen to the south Americans in interviews, they all call him Kaoru.

I helped out with the Man U (I know I know) soccer schools here and one kid won the chance to go to Old Trafford and when there he won the whole competition. Had his prize awarded at half time on the pitch at OT.
His name, Yuki.
Announcer said Yu*-Kai :facepalm::facepalm:
*as in yuck

Why don't people ask??

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not everyone, the English speakers:facepalm: . I've noticed it in the training videos, 'KaROO KaROO' ffs

I helped out with the Man U (I know I know) soccer schools here and one kid won the chance to go to Old Trafford and when there he won the whole competition. Had his prize awarded at half time on the pitch at OT.
His name, Yuki.
Announcer said Yu*-Kai :facepalm::facepalm:
*as in yuck

Why don't people ask??
I don't like criticising people's pronunciation too much, mostly as I've driven numerous Japanese teachers crazy with my inability to get the subtleties of Japanese pronunciation but surely they can get somewhere in the right vicinity?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Presumably that is because in Spanish you pronounce every vowel in a word so it is easier for them.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I don't like criticising people's pronunciation too much, mostly as I've driven numerous Japanese teachers crazy with my inability to get the subtleties of Japanese pronunciation but surely they can get somewhere in the right vicinity?
Right? I don't like to be the clever clogs pointing it out but come on. Commentators generally get it right because I guess they check.
Ka-ROO is ridiculous.
Presumably that is because in Spanish you pronounce every vowel in a word so it is easier for them.
It's more phonetic so pronunciation is similar yes, but, it's not a hard thing to say, two syllables, don't understand why people don't check.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brilliant!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd pay to see Pascal and Billy :thumbsup:
Pascal v Lallana please. Our two most intelligent footballers pitted against each other in a quiz environment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here