Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying music online

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Where are the best and cheapest places to buy music? I use Play.com and amazon at the moment and regularly go to Resident and Rounder records for my music shop fixes. Any help would be most appreciated.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
If you ever go for mp3s, try 7digital - High Quality MP3 Downloads
- their catalogue has lots of things iTunes doesn't, and it's drm free, meaning you can do with it what you want. I lost my music a few months ago, so I just popped back to their shop and voila, all the music I'd bought was there to download again.

Ace.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
My mate told me about this site called LegalSounds a few weeks ago which I now use and is very good I must say. I believe that it is actually legal as I did some research beforehand. You have to top up 15£ first in order to buy albums/songs and each song is 0.9$, equivalent to about 6/7p (it's an American site). Very cheap compared to iTunes prices which I used to unwillingly pay.
I assume you have an ipod or mp3 player. If you use iTunes for example it's very easy to put the songs onto you're ipod.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
My mate told me about this site called LegalSounds a few weeks ago which I now use and is very good I must say. I believe that it is actually legal as I did some research beforehand. You have to top up 15£ first in order to buy albums/songs and each song is 0.9$, equivalent to about 6/7p (it's an American site). Very cheap compared to iTunes prices which I used to unwillingly pay.
I assume you have an ipod or mp3 player. If you use iTunes for example it's very easy to put the songs onto you're ipod.

I don't know what research you did, but the site is blatently Russian and not at all legal in this country (it's legal in Russia because of their slack copyright laws). The recording artists don't recieve a penny of the money you've paid to the site, the Russian maffia do.

Do yourself a favour stop paying to illegally download software. :thumbsup:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I don't know what research you did, but the site is blatently Russian and not at all legal in this country (it's legal in Russia because of their slack copyright laws). The recording artists don't recieve a penny of the money you've paid to the site, the Russian maffia do.

Do yourself a favour stop paying to illegally download software. :thumbsup:

True.

And if you believe in artists getting paid, this stuff matters.

It's still possible to shop around the legal download sites - on tunechecker.com, you can compare CD and download prices.

Jul 7, 2003
go for hmv.com and sign up for a pure card. i buy quite a lot of music off there as some of it is cheaper than instore, and points mean prizes!

top stuff

Another vote for HMV - wide selection and quick delivery as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here