Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying Mackerel

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I know I should go and catch them - and they would taste much better that way - but where do the denizens of NSC recommend for buying some in the morning. I was going to go down to the front at Worthing and buy them from that place on the beach.

BBQ tomorrow.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know I should go and catch them - and they would taste much better that way - but where do the denizens of NSC recommend for buying some in the morning. I was going to go down to the front at Worthing and buy them from that place on the beach.

BBQ tomorrow.

There's a fishmonger on Brighton seafront - next door to the fishing museum. Bound to have some.

How do you intend to bbq them?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I know I should go and catch them - and they would taste much better that way - but where do the denizens of NSC recommend for buying some in the morning. I was going to go down to the front at Worthing and buy them from that plaice on the beach.

BBQ tomorrow.

Fixed for you.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
'Fish' - straight off the boat and then they travel about 6ft to the shop counter.

located by Hove Lagoon.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
just come back from catching a few on the float at newhaven and they are just going under the grill , if i ever buy them i go to the shop on the beach near king alfred or the fresh fish shop near hove lagoon

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I went out Mackerel fishing in a rowing boat once, but I caught a crab.

:(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In true Hugh Fernley Whitingstall stylee, i'd love to potter around doing feck all.
One of those things would be a home smoker.

At that point, mackerel, would be pretty near the top of the 'for smoking' list.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

BBQ tomorrow.

Your right I would only recommend buying mackerel to use as bait. Catching it and eating it the same day is a different thing altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here