Buying a 2nd hand car advice please

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
audi.jpg

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Yes if you want expensive bills when it goes wrong which will be quite regularly. Buy Japanese.

Had new Toyota scarlet in 1998 worst car ever had with problems sold after 4 years with 60,000..

German cars : I've Had 2 mercs, range rover, now have BMW x5 for 5 years no problems at all and now just got vw passat tdi for commute , all been fantastic quality, build and reliability.. Wouldn't buy anything else my self

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes if you want expensive bills when it goes wrong which will be quite regularly. Buy Japanese.
Balderdash, unless you buy low value, old, abused examples.

PS French cars are crap, really, absolute shxte.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Agree with this i bought a mx5 in 2009, 1994 model Japanese import off ebay with no mot, it went straight through the test as it has every year since with absolutely no problems. Admittedly, it only had 45k on the clock and it now has only 51k so not used all that much. I also have a 323ci convertible beemer and the mot last time was about £700 and to be honest it doesn't get used much more than the mx so when it goes my next car will probably be another jap motor

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Agree with this i bought a mx5 in 2009, 1994 model Japanese import off ebay with no mot, it went straight through the test as it has every year since with absolutely no problems. Admittedly, it only had 45k on the clock and it now has only 51k so not used all that much. I also have a 323ci convertible beemer and the mot last time was about £700 and to be honest it doesn't get used much more than the mx so when it goes my next car will probably be another jap motor
Japan cars ARE good, parts ain't cheap, resale not as good as German (apart from Honda).

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Try one you like the look of, maybe for a year or so. Find out that it is perfect for you, spend ages haggling over the price until you finally agree with the owner only to find that it doesn't show up for its AA inspection because it's gone to a garage in Burnley instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here