Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy your ticket for Arsenal (...or Swansea)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] just dropped by my desk in order that we could put the world to rights.

Talk turned to the 4th Round and the short timeframe between the Arsenal v Swansea replay and the 4th Round itself.

We reckon the club, being as shrewd as it is now, will have tickets on sale very soon, allowing people to guarantee their seat for the visit of Arsenal (...or Swansea), not giving people the opportunity to see if Swansea manage to sneak a win and spoil the big day.

(This isn't criticism, btw, merely discussion.)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That'd be fine by me. I'm happy to pay for my ticket now for either team. I actually would prefer Swansea to win too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't care who we play I'm only there to see the Albion be going regardless its the FA cup 4th round would never miss it

Sure - and there are a lot like you.

But Saturday's attendance illustrated that there are also thousands who will pick and choose games. I suspect they'll not get the chance this time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] just dropped by my desk in order that we could put the world to rights.

Talk turned to the 4th Round and the short timeframe between the Arsenal v Swansea replay and the 4th Round itself.

We reckon the club, being as shrewd as it is now, will have tickets on sale very soon, allowing people to guarantee their seat for the visit of Arsenal (...or Swansea), not giving people the opportunity to see if Swansea manage to sneak a win and spoil the big day.

(This isn't criticism, btw, merely discussion.)

They kind of already have - insofar as they ran another ad for the auto cup tickets scheme, worded as 'Secure your tickets for the fourth round now'.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems sensible to me. They need to get on and starting selling for this game. Will they go general sale immediately after the season ticket period again? It was very short last time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems sensible to me. They need to get on and starting selling for this game. Will they go general sale immediately after the season ticket period again? It was very short last time.

If it were me...

- ST holders from now-ish until the day before the Arsenal v Swansea replay.

- General sale for the morning of the replay (to try and get as many people buying on the hope of Arsenal as possible).

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sure - and there are a lot like you.

But Saturday's attendance illustrated that there are also thousands who will pick and choose games. I suspect they'll not get the chance this time.

I will own up. I was one of those. Less about money and more about saving my leave days from work. On the basis that I saw us beat the Geordies last year, I saw this as a good one to skip. I will be there for probably every other game except Derby for the same reason. BAD FAN. Oops sorry I meant CUSTOMER.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If it were me...

- General sale for the morning of the replay (to try and get as many people buying on the hope of Arsenal as possible).

Seems about right, give season ticket holders a week to get tickets then let it be a free for all. I wonder if they might want to go general sale a little before this though as I think people may wait for the outcome of the replay if it's only a day.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Will they put them obviously sale before they know if its on TV? I.e. If its going to be Friday Saturday or Sunday (probably a very silly question)..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it were me...

I'd wish to do something similar. One small issue though is that, the prices have to be agreed with the opposition, and we do not yet know who that will be. Not that it's insurmountable - it just means that this discussion ("We intend to charge standard full prices. Are you okay with that?") needs to take place with both Swansea and Arsenal.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Will they put them obviously sale before they know if its on TV? I.e. If its going to be Friday Saturday or Sunday (probably a very silly question)..

Hhhm... interesting point. When do they decide the TV schedule?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ticket prices have to be agreed between both clubs, would swansea or arsenal want to tempt fate by making arrangements? Would they come to the same agreements?

We had a replay v wrexham last season, with the prize being the home game v Newcastle, we waited then, why not now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here