Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy your ticket for Arsenal (...or Swansea)

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
I can't see what can be more loyal than going to 23 league games a season

The fact that a bunch of people show up on the odd occasion when a big name comes to town (a la Newcastle) shouldn't mean they then get priority to those paying week in week out to watch stuff like Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night or such like.

"stuff like Barnsley"? We were brilliant against Barnsley. I'd pay week in/week out to watch that.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] just dropped by my desk in order that we could put the world to rights.

Talk turned to the 4th Round and the short timeframe between the Arsenal v Swansea replay and the 4th Round itself.

We reckon the club, being as shrewd as it is now, will have tickets on sale very soon, allowing people to guarantee their seat for the visit of Arsenal (...or Swansea), not giving people the opportunity to see if Swansea manage to sneak a win and spoil the big day.

(This isn't criticism, btw, merely discussion.)

I am more concerned with the team the dictator will field,if Ankergren will be playing i am not interested, if we are playing to win with Kuszack in goal then i will be there,are we in it to win it Gus

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
Always has been? What a load of guff, unless by always you mean about two years. There have been plenty of times when getting a cup stub has meant access to another cup ticket. Not saying whether this is right or not btw, just hate such confident and black and white statements which are clearly wrong.

It might have given you priority for the next round of the cup over those who hadn't previously purchased a ticket for any other game/cup game but it has never given you priority over a season ticket holders seat.

At the end of the day if someone has purchased a season ticket then they have first refusal on their own seat whether they went to a previous round or not, to me that seems to make sense...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
3rd round attendees should have first preference.....not the people who complained about £30 tickets!

What about season ticket holders who didn't attend the third round but defended the pricing of tickets?

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I dont care whether we play Arsea or Swansnal, I want to book my seat anyway... as does my son and my wife. It wouldnt have mattered whether it was Arsenal or Cheltenham frankly, but in this case, both are good skilful Premiership teams as it is. Are we really all waiting on the replay, so that those who WONT go if it is only Swansea can make the decision? Thats crap!

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Sure - and there are a lot like you.

But Saturday's attendance illustrated that there are also thousands who will pick and choose games. I suspect they'll not get the chance this time.

I dodged the newcastle because it was Newcastle(big deal been there done that,so last season) and it was on telly but Arsenal have not played us for years and Swansea play great football.
I will be going to the game even if it is on telly for the novelty,and prospect of a win,against the gooners or the chance to see a match between two good footballing sides if it is Swansea.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A lot of people will be disappointed. Maybe the club could look at cup games differently in the future. if STHs are not willing to take up their seat for the 1 ST cup games and the club have to sell their seat to someone else. Then maybe that person who paid for the seat has first dibs on it for the next round match. It should be loyalty based, I know people on here will say its a cost issue. But if we had drawn Arsenal in the last round it would have sold out.

What a load of bollocks.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I dont care whether we play Arsea or Swansnal, I want to book my seat anyway... as does my son and my wife. It wouldnt have mattered whether it was Arsenal or Cheltenham frankly, but in this case, both are good skilful Premiership teams as it is. Are we really all waiting on the replay, so that those who WONT go if it is only Swansea can make the decision? Thats crap!

Then do what I have done and join the automatic purchase scheme whereby your seat is reserved for you and the purchase price is deducted from your credit/debit card accordingly,this is my preferred option as I wont miss a match regardless.Her in doors does'nt like it but she knows football is football deal with it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They'll wait for Utds, stoke and leeds/brum but not ours I don't think. Just a monday morning hunch. I know the hunch doesnt make any sense and my hunch is awfully unreliable but it's still a hunch.

To be televised (utter rubbish guess).
Oldham Athletic v Liverpool
Stoke (/palace) v M City
Leeds United/Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur
(West Ham United/)Manchester United v Fulham/Blackpool
Southend United/Brentford v Chelsea

I AM wIN. Love my hunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here