Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Button

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's almost like lazy journalism. I remember Gazza being hyped up unbelievably by the press, and they knocked him down in the same fashion. Enjoy your observations and the fact he spilt a ball, considering what he has done up to now. I don't see a 'Button is good' thread from the OP and the remarks about how crap he is by the followers. So, instead of marking out his bad point, one spilled cross, mark out his strengths. That wouldn't fit in with the vibe of the thread though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's almost like lazy journalism. I remember Gazza being hyped up unbelievably by the press, and they knocked him down in the same fashion. Enjoy your observations and the fact he spilt a ball, considering what he has done up to now. I don't see a 'Button is good' thread from the OP and the remarks about how crap he is by the followers. So, instead of marking out his bad point, one spilled cross, mark out his strengths. That wouldn't fit in with the vibe of the thread though.

Gazza and Button, never expected to see them compared. You live and learn.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You do realise you're free to point out his strengths rather than criticise other people for not doing it, right? You an even start a new thread for it if you want.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You do realise you're free to point out his strengths rather than criticise other people for not doing it, right? You an even start a new thread for it if you want.

I don't feel the need to defend him and say he is a good keeper, I do feel the need to point out these lazy armchair comments from numptys that never played the game, have very little understanding and are basically after sound bites.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't feel the need to defend him and say he is a good keeper, I do feel the need to point out these lazy armchair comments from numptys that never played the game, have very little understanding and are basically after sound bites.

But he might still turn out to be one of the most gifted players ever for his country, like Gazza.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There's quite a difference between your above post and "could have cost us the game"?

From where I sat it looked a bad mistake in a dangerous position.

Personal opinion is that team is a bit suspect at the moment and having witnessed the Fulham and Burnley debacles feel the team is not strong enough when the tide turns against them. A goal for Derby at that time and I think we would have been in real trouble. That's my opinion. The win will give some confidence hopefully as will wins against Leicester and Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here