Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'But a brick'

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
I thought when the initial plans for our new home were published there was talk of a 'buy a brick' scheme where for a small fee fans could have their name and/or message engraved on a brick that would be set in the structure somewhere for ever and a day. Looking at the stadium there is not going to be much brickwork on show where this could happen now, are there any plans to do this or a variation on it.

The reason I ask is that at places like Villa Park and St Mary's they have had small paving stones set in the walkways where fans have had names etc inscribed. Also the approach to Disneyland in Paris is made up of peoples names etc set in the pathways.

I was thinking that if nothing were to happen in the stadium structure itself could the route from Falmer station to the stadium have something similar set in the walkway?

This does in fact lead onto another suggestion but will the path from the station to the stadium be named at all. If the fans could have the opportunity to have the names set in it, could it be called something like the Avenue of the Fans, Albion Avenue, Seagull Walk etc. (I'm sure better names could be suggested!)

Project Office

Aug 21, 2009
We are intending to do something like this and are exploring options at the moment. When we have made a decision we will announce aht is to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here