Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus replacement on Saturday between Brighton & Three Bridges

Going to be a nightmare on Saturday, especially getting away. I´m staying at Gatwick so I just booked a Seagull's Travel bus from Haywards Heath Only 11:75 which I think is pretty good, certainly will be a hell of a lot easier

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think that they should operate the section between Three Bridges and Brighton by bus, then occasionally run a train replacement service on weekends.

The engine of my rail replacement bus caught fire just north of Pyecombe last year. So we all had to get off and stand in a lay-by in the rain for 20 minutes until the one behind arrived.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Not only does this inconvenience me I have a bus service from ely to cambridge.
So my journey goes like this
Downham Train to Ely
Ely bus to Cambridge
Cambridge Train to Kings Cross
Kings Cross Tube to Victoria
Victoria Train to Three Bridges
Three Bridges Bus to Brighton
Brighton Train to Falmer

Then the same to get home. Better be a good game!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a ****ing ball-ache. Is it the same on Sunday?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Bloody nightmare. There appears to be no trains to or from Lewes or Brighton northwards on Saturday! I hope the buses have toilets on them otherwise it could get messy!

You are still going to have to get the bus from Three Bridges to Haywards Heath though....

yes but getting there is less of a problem, it's getting away that's going to be a nightmare. Seems to me looking at the train sites that most people will be going via Brighton rather than Lewes and HH.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be interesting to know how much of the line between Three Bridges and Brighton they are actively working on when they close the whole section and whether its because they actually need to turn the power off on the whole section, or because they're just taking the piss and its cheaper for them to run buses than trains.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In the past year, we have played at home just 13 times on a Saturday or Sunday - meaning there were 39 non-football weekends.

Surely it must be possible for Network Rail to avoid digging up the line at those handful of weekends when 25,000 people are travelling to a football match?

Utter f**kwits.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the past year, we have played at home just 13 times on a Saturday or Sunday - meaning there were 39 non-football weekends.

Surely it must be possible for Network Rail to avoid digging up the line at weekends when 25,000 people are travelling to a football match?

Utter f**kwits.

To be fair to them for once, they do appear to try and restrict the Replacement Bus Of Slow Painful Death Service mainly to the winter months so as not to f**k up Brighton's tourist trade during the summer. Which is the lesser of two evils shirley.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
To be fair to them for once, they do appear to try and restrict the Replacement Bus Of Slow Painful Death Service mainly to the winter months so as not to f**k up Brighton's tourist trade during the summer. Which is the lesser of two evils shirley.

I've never seen any evidence of that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Would be interesting to know how much of the line between Three Bridges and Brighton they are actively working on when they close the whole section and whether its because they actually need to turn the power off on the whole section, or because they're just taking the piss and its cheaper for them to run buses than trains.

I'd guess it's a logistical issue, Brighton and 3B are probably the only two stations where you could keep a load of buses waiting. Still shite though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd guess it's a logistical issue, Brighton and 3B are probably the only two stations where you could keep a load of buses waiting.

I've seen them do it between Haywards Heath and Brighton before now. Tho I guess they've pushed the envelope of taking the piss some way since then.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Surely it must be possible for Network Rail to avoid digging up the line at those handful of weekends when 25,000 people are travelling to a football match?

Utter f**kwits.

A few years ago Twickenham was closed at weekends for a couple of months, starting from the first day of the 6 Nations. They had about 40 weeks to effect repairs but chose to do them when the station was at its busiest. Naturally, I only found out about this when I tried to make my way there by train

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here