Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bus drivers wearing the colours (Weds)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
On Weds 24th (hopefully) you’ll se plenty of Brighton & Hove bus drivers wearing Albion shirts (and possibly a few rouge ones!)

One of the garages is holding a fundraising day in aid of a colleague who was suddenly and very unexpectedly taken ill a few weeks back. He’s still very ill and is expected to remain in hospital for some time, he is making progress but it’s a slow process to say the least.

The Albion angle is that he was certainly one of our own, a “tier oner” rarely missing a match home, away or abroad. He’s the sort of fan that ticks all the boxes on the “good neighbour at the Amex thread” Passionate, loyal, knowledgeable and likes the odd beer and a sing up without acting like an arse (well, certainly nothing that would appear on the radar!)

So if you see us on the road tomorrow give us a wave and I’m sure you’ll join in in wishing him a full recovery.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Does the Newcastle fan still drive for B & H, he was a great driver, always had his scarf in the windscreen, he use to drive around and use that secret whistle type horn you have in the buses.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Hope this all goes well. Just as an aside, does anyone know what happened to Krispies? Used to see
him every match in the 90's (Gillingham etc).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope this all goes well. Just as an aside, does anyone know what happened to Krispies? Used to see

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
STH in the West Upper near me. Thought it was him and then had a chat with "Dover" on the way to the Swan recently, who confirmed.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Good to know he's doing ok. Never really talked to him that much- but remember he
always wore the stripes with his name on the back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He used to drive the 1/1A when i lived in Mile Oak around 2015.
Worked out of Whitehawk depot then.

As for the hospitalized driver and the topic of this thread, how did he get to see Albion home and away so often? Bus drivers work to a roster pattern. He must have had plenty of obliging collegues who were willing to swap shifts!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

As for the hospitalized driver and the topic of this thread, how did he get to see Albion home and away so often? Bus drivers work to a roster pattern. He must have had plenty of obliging collegues who were willing to swap shifts!
I was thinking the same no Saturday shifts during the football season.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

At no point in his opening post did he say ‘driver’ i think that’s just an assumption on our part 😉

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I wonder if it's the guy I spoke to a few weeks ago when I got on the No 1 at Whitehawk flats, where the 1 bus starts from?

He was sitting reading a match report in The Argus - we got chatting - nice guy - he was a massive Albion fan - get well soon.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

Time served drivers can get on to a rota that includes all the school buses, subsequently working Mon - Fri usually finishing by teatime at the latest
He’d miss the odd away up north midweek but often used his holiday days.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Does the Newcastle fan still drive for B & H, he was a great driver, always had his scarf in the windscreen, he use to drive around and use that secret whistle type horn you have in the buses.

He used to drive the 1/1A when i lived in Mile Oak around 2015.
About 20/25 years ago there was one that used to stick a mini kit and scarf on the cab window every time he went out, if he was running empty back to the garage he put on the destination board things like “17 Newcastle Metro Centre”
Haven’t seen him for years.

More recently there was an older, little guy going a bit bald.he used to do the 1s. He went by the original nickname of “Geordie” He works down Newhaven now, doing garage duties

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
My brother-in-law just recently started working on the buses in Brighton. I'll have to ask if he's participating. Not sure if he owns an Albion shirt though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know an ex Brighton bus driver who comes away on our annual 'blokes who should know better' long weekend. Activities last year, fly to Slovakia, ride go karts very fast down mountain, take cable car to huge mountain summit, walk a 15k mountain hike including 1000ft ft of elevation and hire e-Scooters (and ride them off road even though you are told 'don't go off road'). And this fella is the maddest of the lot of us. Still skateboards, has broken pretty much every bone is his time.

He described driving a Brighton bus as 'basically controlling a large go kart'.

He no longer works the buses. I'm staggered they let him in the driver's seat even once :lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do know of a Scotsman by the name of Dixie who drives buses out of Lewes Road Garage, often to be found on the 25's to and from ther Amex.

A nice guy, Celtic fan, though not his fault l guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here