Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bury v Brighton.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
10 bosun, 1 of which was a young lady and one had his arm in a cast???
You certainly have a better memory than me. So you must have been on the coach. It was a pain to find after the match. Was the guy who organised the trip called Roy or Rory?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Utterly bizarre. It was indeed, England playing Finland on the 13th. I didn't think international breaks were a thing back then.
I think this is the first time it happened. Certainly a strange occurance back then.

You certainly have a better memory than me. So you must have been on the coach. It was a pain to find after the match. Was the guy who organised the trip called Roy or Rory?
My brother and myself ran the coach I'm Rory, recall we only had 30 on the coach and that was after getting the driver to go Mr kerrs house in Burgess Hill at around 5 30am to get him out of bed:rolleyes:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
My brother and myself ran the coach I'm Rory, recall we only had 30 on the coach and that was after getting the driver to go Mr kerrs house in Burgess Hill at around 5 30am to get him out of bed:rolleyes:
Hi Rory :bigwave: You must have kept a diary to remember how many were on the coach especially how many Bosun lads and a lass on the trip. I remember plenty of booze there and back, :whisky: not much about the game, other fans from different teams and trying to find that bl00dy coach.:rant:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of my few lower league ground misses. Always had something I couldn't miss and every year hoped for a cup game now even that outside chance has gone. BUT remember Kit's goal direct from a corner at our place :D Maybe one day......... but at my age they had better get a move on!

Made one visit to Gigg Lane back in the mid 1980's, still remember the cemetary next to the ground. Some of the gravestones visible from the stand l seem to remember, although the memory may be playing tricks.

Hi Rory :bigwave: You must have kept a diary to remember how many were on the coach especially how many Bosun lads and a lass on the trip. I remember plenty of booze there and back, :whisky: not much about the game, other fans from different teams and trying to find that bl00dy coach.:rant:[/QUOTE

Out of the 30 I recall 4 or so sat in the seats, we drank in the Bury supporters club, although I was 16 so stood outside and was clocking all the different fans turning up.
Did you live in mid Sussex or come up with the Brighton group. Lee, Paul and Marcus came up from Brighton can't remember other names.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wilson had a bloody mare against Palace yesterday too

I wonder if Newcastle want him

Local lad going home? (my mum lives in the next village to Hetton-le-Hole, every time I go through it I think of Harry. I wonder if he's its only claim to fame)

EDIT I've just looked the place up and there are several footballers from the town, all more famous than Harry. The list includes Bob Paisley, Harry Potts and Ralph Coates. The Buggles' Trevor Horn also hails from there

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Local lad going home? (my mum lives in the next village to Hetton-le-Hole, every time I go through it I think of Harry. I wonder if he's its only claim to fame)

EDIT I've just looked the place up and there are several footballers from the town, all more famous than Harry. The list includes Bob Paisley, Harry Potts and Ralph Coates. The Buggles' Trevor Horn also hails from there

The North East was quite a hotbed for footballers back in the day

Checked his wiki and it was as I thought,Cloughie signed him
Although I'd imagine it was Taylor that done the scouting

Wilson & Ronnie Welch double signing from Burnley for £70,000!
We had some dough back then,considering the state of the country back then

Also surprised to see he only played 12 games for Burnley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Ralph Coates who probably sported the finest comb over of them all.

Sadly seem to have gone out of fashion does the comb over, am l the only person still wearing one? :D

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Hi Rory :bigwave: You must have kept a diary to remember how many were on the coach especially how many Bosun lads and a lass on the trip. I remember plenty of booze there and back, :whisky: not much about the game, other fans from different teams and trying to find that bl00dy coach.:rant:[/QUOTE

Out of the 30 I recall 4 or so sat in the seats, we drank in the Bury supporters club, although I was 16 so stood outside and was clocking all the different fans turning up.
Did you live in mid Sussex or come up with the Brighton group. Lee, Paul and Marcus came up from Brighton can't remember other names.
I remember going into Bury's supporters club before game and saw Tony Book in there with some other man city players. I thought what a good little club to have, cheap booze and pleasant atmosphere. These guys came up on the coach - Jeff, Lee, Marcus, John, Kevin, Derek, Ian, Steve and another Steve plus maybe 2 more I have forgotten.

I remember going into Bury's supporters club before game and saw Tony Book in there with some other man city players. I thought what a good little club to have, cheap booze and pleasant atmosphere. These guys came up on the coach - Jeff, Lee, Marcus, John, Kevin, Derek, Ian, Steve and another Steve plus maybe 2 more I have forgotten.
Stopped at the propeller Whaddon Road on the way back:ffsparr:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127_131423.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127_131423.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 79

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Did you see that little kid run on the pitch at 3.29 in after the 3rd goal. Jeez, he could have got an Olympic gold at that speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here