Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton struggling with Injuries and Suspensions

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Tommy Elphick is one away from a suspension himself.

Meanwhile, it's not as bad for Burton as they might think. One of the ineligible is O'Grady, and, enthusiastic as he is, I doubt they'll be massively weaker for his absence.

Another is Kyle McFadzean, the former Crawley defender, who is- putting it nicely- a little bit sub-par at this level. Lumbering oaf of a defender. They must have a reasonable replacement for a man of his limited abilities.

One would assume not or they wouldnt have signed him.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think Tommy Elphick is one away from a suspension himself.

Meanwhile, it's not as bad for Burton as they might think. One of the ineligible is O'Grady, and, enthusiastic as he is, I doubt they'll be massively weaker for his absence.

Another is Kyle McFadzean, the former Crawley defender, who is- putting it nicely- a little bit sub-par at this level. Lumbering oaf of a defender. They must have a reasonable replacement for a man of his limited abilities.

McFadzean got sent off against us last year....They have a very thin squad by all accounts

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not the only ones it would seem....

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m2 minutes ago
Brace yourselves for an injury bulletin at 3pm. Generally more bad news than good. #bhafc

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One would assume not or they wouldnt have signed him.

Interesting that you say that, considering some of the names you've previously suggested the Albion should be looking at.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Brace yourselves for an injury bulletin at 3pm. Generally more bad news than good. #bhafc
**pray for our 3 strikers**

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh dear. The best case with that would be a setback for Solly March, I guess. Would be a shame, especially for him, but he's already out, so we're no worse off, as it were.

The worst would be any of the current first XI, plus the likes of Baldock.

Tick tock.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Suggestion of LuaLua being out longer term.

Again, wouldn't be quite so critical as other players (plus he's always been a bit prone to hamstring issues etc).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
"Both Tomer Hemed and Glenn (or Jamie, we're not honestly sure) Murray will be unavailable to face Burton this weekend so the club has recalled Chris O'Grady. What? Would you rather we play Manu?"

We can't recall O'Grady!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
#PleaseNotKnockaert

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's LuaLua. Out for six weeks.

Bearable, if annoying.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
LuaLua out for 6 weeks due to surgery.

Never mind. Wish he would keep his mouth shut in future. 'I want to prove I am not a sicknote' blah blah blah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here