Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if this season might end up being the complete opposite of last season?

Last season : Lovely football, great team togetherness, confident of winning every game we went into but in the end got unlucky and just missed out when it mattered. Any other season in the past 18 years ( I think ) and our points total would have seen us up.

This season : Struggling to find our flow, team doesn't seem quite as together, grinding out results and getting more than our fair share of luck. Will we sneak up if, and it's a big if, things stay this way all season I wonder?

D

Deleted member 22389

I wonder if this season might end up being the complete opposite of last season?

Last season : Lovely football, great team togetherness, confident of winning every game we went into but in the end got unlucky and just missed out when it mattered. Any other season in the past 18 years ( I think ) and our points total would have seen us up.

This season : Struggling to find our flow, team doesn't seem quite as together, grinding out results and getting more than our fair share of luck. Will we sneak up if, and it's a big if, things stay this way all season I wonder?

The second one. This is exactly what Burnley done last season.

D

Deleted member 2719

One keeper error and a penalty, giving us six points, in the last two matches.

Means let's make the next win more decisive if we are real title contenders.

Or is lady luck going to take us all the way?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Player I suggested as a free agent 4th striker has scored for Blackburn....... Marvin Emnes but then he is not good enough for The Championship

That means nothing as you use the scatter gun approach of naming everyone.
I think plenty you named did sweet fa today too ....,

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One keeper error and a penalty, giving us six points, in the last two matches.

Means let's make the next win more decisive if we are real title contenders.

Or is lady luck going to take us all the way?

I'm a firm believer than in sport, Arnold Palmer was correct when he said..."The more I practice, the luckier I get".

I'm also a firm believer in the swings and roundabouts theory when it comes to ref decisions over the course of a season.

However, having said all that, there are times when luck really can have a major say in how a season pans out.

Last season I defy anyone to argue against the view that we had much more than our fair share of bad luck and that ultimately it probably cost us dearly. This season, so far, things seem to be going our way. So who knows where it might take us if it continues.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What is the matter with SCR - Sunday Breakfast twice in the Hughton interview

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm a firm believer than in sport, Arnold Palmer was correct when he said..."The more I practice, the luckier I get".

I'm also a firm believer in the swings and roundabouts theory when it comes to ref decisions over the course of a season.

However, having said all that, there are times when luck really can have a major say in how a season pans out.

Last season I defy anyone to argue against the view that we had much more than our fair share of bad luck and that ultimately it probably cost us dearly. This season, so far, things seem to be going our way. So who knows where it might take us if it continues.

Agreed. I haven't seen it but reports don't suggest that Knockaeart was lucky to have won a penalty. His skill thoroughly deserved it.
And scoring a penalty in the 88th minute when you're under pressure to win the game is not easy either. Hemed has done that many times for us now.
Luck or skill ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here